All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

aftermarket cams and vaccum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:14 PM

aftermarket cams and vaccum?

How much of a difference in vaccum can cams make? Small, substantial?

BTW i am running nismo 3.5L R-tune cams.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Made in Taiwan

Hahaha, no one answers, yet...

It should be the same vacuum, only when you reach that certain rpms, it'll draw in more air, is all. However...with my JWT cams, I experienced a slightly more vacuum than stock because I was hooking up that vacuum for my mevi. Jwt cams for my 3.0 has no overlaps, it's just got more lift for air. You need to compare your cam's overlap specs, if it is more than your stock (which you don't even have because you now have a 3.5L), then it'll leak more vacuum out. I'm suspecting your leak through your engine's cycles, not anywhere else. If anywhere else, you'd hear an obvious "pssssss".

Dude, come to the meet thursday night. We need to talk about a few things.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by GodFather
Hahaha, no one answers, yet...

It should be the same vacuum, only when you reach that certain rpms, it'll draw in more air, is all. However...with my JWT cams, I experienced a slightly more vacuum than stock because I was hooking up that vacuum for my mevi. Jwt cams for my 3.0 has no overlaps, it's just got more lift for air. You need to compare your cam's overlap specs, if it is more than your stock (which you don't even have because you now have a 3.5L), then it'll leak more vacuum out. I'm suspecting your leak through your engine's cycles, not anywhere else. If anywhere else, you'd hear an obvious "pssssss".

Dude, come to the meet thursday night. We need to talk about a few things.

no, more aggressive cams will cause a change in vaccum. How much i don't know
Old 05-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Made in Taiwan

Chris, find out your overlap differences, that might be it. After you make sure that there's no vacuum leaks, that'll be it.

Also, another thing, what's your Idle rpm? I am asking because after I install my PF TB, that idle was at around 1700 rpms. After I checked, the idling screw was set at a high position where at close throttle, it ain't even closed. It was pretty open that it caused air to go in at idle. Just a thing to check on.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by GodFather
Chris, find out your overlap differences, that might be it. After you make sure that there's no vacuum leaks, that'll be it.

Also, another thing, what's your Idle rpm? I am asking because after I install my PF TB, that idle was at around 1700 rpms. After I checked, the idling screw was set at a high position where at close throttle, it ain't even closed. It was pretty open that it caused air to go in at idle. Just a thing to check on.

my idle was pretty steady at 700 rpm, which is where it was before