All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

OOvi help.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006 | 12:29 PM

OOvi help.....

3 Qs

1.Is 250 a good deal on buying the 00vi with everything i need to install.
2.How much is it to get install.....?
3.Anything else i need to install the oovi from the other max.....(sensor...or whatever else?)

also iam from then ny area anyone know who can put this in for me or is there anyone from the.org on here that can do the work.?

thanks
ice
Old 06-06-2006 | 02:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1. That depends: $250 for "everything" is a steal. But $250 for just the UIM is a rip off. No disrespect intended, but it sounds like you have no idea what you're doing, and it'll most likely save you a good deal of money and a lot of frustration and heartburn in the long run if you just slow down and get seriously acquainted with the whole subject of what you're contemplating. That way you can make your own decisions and not have to try to figure out from the replies from orgers on what you should do.
I'm a big fan of the 00VI mod, but it seems like more often then not guys who've launched into this without a comprehensive understanding of what they're doing end up coming back to the org asking for advice on how to solve any number of different problems. And too frequently they end up "jury-rigging" some sort of a band-aid to solve their problem, rather than finding out and correcting the underlying cause of the problem.

2. Stick with guys on the org who have done it before and have good references from others they've previously done it for.
Old 06-06-2006 | 02:25 PM

well it would be 250 for everything i need.I know what you mean but thats why iam asking someone from the .org to help me out with an install i can get the 00vi no problem i just need someone to help with the install.
Old 06-06-2006 | 02:32 PM
THT
Throbbing member

First, donate $20 so you can search. There have been umpteen threads about installing it because there are just as many ways to install it. You will learn a lot and probably be able to install it yourself when you're done reading. As for an installer, you may want to post in your regional forum.
Old 06-06-2006 | 03:33 PM

well first you need to know how your installing your 00vi. there are alot of ways of going about it, and depending on that is what will determine if 250 is good price for w/e they are offering you. or you can just buy it so you dont miss the good deal. then study the project and pick a way of which you want to do it. and go for it. I had my 00vi for about 3 months, and took alot of time gathering and thinking of how to do mine. till i realized i had everything and was ready and went for it. ur going to have to order a few things from nissan and go to the local hardware store a few time and some. There is alot alot of information about installing 00vi with alot of problems and solutions people have experienced, just do alot of reading and ask around, also try not to start threads about ur questions because mostlikely they are already answered on here somewhere and people will flame u for that lol. so do ur search! goodluck. btw im still a noob, this just how i went about it. lol
Old 06-07-2006 | 04:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by icedout
.......it would be 250 for everything i need........
No disrespect intended, but I suspect that you haven't the foggiest idea of what all (i.e., "everything") you'll need, let alone which of the various setup options you want.
Old 06-07-2006 | 05:15 AM

Here is a start:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=list
Old 06-07-2006 | 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Curt
No disrespect intended, but I suspect that you haven't the foggiest idea of what all (i.e., "everything") you'll need, let alone which of the various setup options you want.

well its like this my friends werks at a junk yark and he has the 2001 engine there and i pretty much can take whatever i need from it for 250 beside the engine its self.

i went to the thread that had all the goodies to get for the 00vi to work...so on that note i think iam good to go.Someone from the .org offered to help me do the install so we shall see how that goes.