All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

New 3.5L IM

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
drag racing is for wussies

New 3.5L IM

http://www.o2induction.com/

This company which resides in the cheese state of Wisconsin makes THE best IM for FWD SR20s, which have proven to make 50WHP over stock on boosted cars. They have made a custom IM for a 350Z but there are no dyno claims on it as of yet.... if you guys get enough e-mails out to Rob.... maybe he will make us a FWD VQ manifold that will provide some substantial gains.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:04 PM

It would definitely be nice if he could make us one with a pathfinder flange so that no adapter is necessary. Subscribing.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
MaximaDriver

very interesting mike!!
will it include just upper manifold or both??
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
dot dot dot ...

^^ Seems like that would be up to us to 'ask/request' for. The A33B IM has 3 different sections,
What's in ( ) is what the FSM refers to them as, what is not is what the common name is.

Elbow (upper collector), plenum (lower collector) and LIM (IM)
Old 09-06-2006, 06:03 PM
vsamoylov

yeah no thanks for that price tag.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 PM

Where on that site does it say the price ????? If the intake gained 20WHP on a Maxima for 800 bux it would be a bad deal ? People spend 1000 on cams that gain less than that.... and there have been dyno sheets of SR20s with CAMS and large turbos making almost 100WHP more vs stock intake manifold- with NO extra boost or anything for 750 bux. Name a power adder for the Max that will provide that much power, all the time with no side effects ?

I guess since you already know the price of it, I should not even bother talking to Rob about making a FWD VQ IM as its too expenssive and doesn't show any real gains.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Where on that site does it say the price ????? If the intake gained 20WHP on a Maxima for 800 bux it would be a bad deal ? People spend 1000 on cams that gain less than that.... and there have been dyno sheets of SR20s with CAMS and large turbos making almost 100WHP more vs stock intake manifold- with NO extra boost or anything for 750 bux. Name a power adder for the Max that will provide that much power, all the time with no side effects ?

I guess since you already know the price of it, I should not even bother talking to Rob about making a FWD VQ IM as its too expenssive and doesn't show any real gains.
how about headers? that mods gives the biggest gains without any side effects. and it doesnt take alot( just look at the prices of all the other im on that page) to realize what the price tag will be.
sr20s and large turbos is a completly different story compared to an n/a maxima. of course those cars with that engine will make more power with another IM

Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM

Have you seen a stock IM for a FWD SR20 ? Its not exacly BAD to begin with, and those manifolds make a ton of power on NA engines also, I'm just using TURBO SRs as a example of how much power they are capable of making vs stock. If you can afford 900 dollar headers, you can afford a 900 dollar IM.

Headers do have side effects, they are- removing precats which makes them illegal. There are NO emissions equipment on the IM- sure alot of emissions items like purge solenoids for my EVAP etc are hooked up to the IM- but they are no PART of the IM.

Whatever, you dont like the idea... thats fine and dandy. You don't have to buy it, I aint holding a Kalash to your head and pulling the trigger telling you to fork out the $$$ - or am I ?

I'm here to get the product going, to evolve the performance of our cars into a higher level... but people like you just prevent me from doing so.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
vsamoylov

hey i have nothing against the product. more power to you if you it ever gets made and sold. i am just being realistic. people will say they will buy it but when they hear about the price or gaisn they will back out. reminds me alot of the kinetix IM for the fwd vq35.

no equipment on the IM? how about the 6th gen maxima that has the egr? the 5.5 gen didnt have it so what you said is 50/50 true.

and like i said again i am not stopping you from doing this and in no way am i preventing it from happening either

Old 09-06-2006, 06:41 PM
vsamoylov

and yes i seen the stock IM for a fwd sr20. i have one parked outside actually

Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
hey i have nothing against the product. more power to you if you it ever gets made and sold. i am just being realistic. people will say they will buy it but when they hear about the price or gaisn they will back out. reminds me alot of the kinetix IM for the fwd vq35.

no equipment on the IM? how about the 6th gen maxima that has the egr? the 5.5 gen didnt have it so what you said is 50/50 true.

and like i said again i am not stopping you from doing this and in no way am i preventing it from happening either
The only thing I disagree with in your statement is abuot the willingless to buy the product. There are many maxima and altim owners ready to shell out $800 for a "quality" IM. The Kinetix is a bad example because that was not quality. You actually lose power with that thing. If this company could come out with something that could do at least 15 - 20 hp across the most of the curve, a lot of people would be for it. I say lets start the inquiries.

Mike
Old 09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by mforrest100
that could do at least 15 - 20 hp across the most of the curve
Explain most...
Old 09-06-2006, 08:21 PM

and yes i seen the stock IM for a fwd sr20. i have one parked outside actually
You aint hardcore enough, I have a brand new SR20 head/intake/injectors with all the hardware in my wardrobe closet, along with a buncha VQ parts....

I've been around SR20s for about 11 years now.... don't get me started on that motor.

I have contacted Rob about this, but if more of you contact him- don't ask for pricing or anything just ask for it to be made. Thats all, this will show him there is interest in these IMs and we could have something made for us.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Explain most...
Basically, I would be happy with something that could give 15 - 20 between 3000 - 6500 (7000 grand with a rev limit). That will make me spend $800. Imagine what that same piece would do with FI.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:49 AM

Just posted this in the Altimas.net forum. Hopefully they will give a hand in peaking interest.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...ml#post3011090

Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 06:08 AM

I got an Email late last night from Jon who took the company over from Rob and hes very interested in making some FWD VQ intake manifolds. I send him pictures of USIM, 00VI, and 02+ IM, and basically outlines a proposition on what we are looking for and what people have done as far as putting 350Z IMs on their cars. Idealy I would like to get a 3.0L and 3.5L versions made for us, so that people with 3.0Ls - like the FI ones especially, can benefit from this as well. He told me that the IM for the 350Z hasn't been dynoed just yet, and it was a crazy one off IM. He gave me a ball park figure on the price but I dont wanna spill the beans about it. Contact him with interest, but don't bug him about the price.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:44 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by mforrest100
Basically, I would be happy with something that could give 15 - 20 between 3000 - 6500 (7000 grand with a rev limit).
That will not happen w/o a very cleverly designed VI.

15 hp @ 3000 RPM is 25 ft/lbs.. Not going to happen with a single runner design that also gives gains @ 7000.

I send him pictures of USIM, 00VI, and 02+ IM, and basically outlines a proposition on what we are looking for and what people have done as far as putting 350Z IMs on their cars.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 AM

I got an Email late last night from Jon who took the company over from Rob and hes very interested in making some FWD VQ intake manifolds. I send him pictures of USIM, 00VI, and 02+ IM, and basically outlines a proposition on what we are looking for and what people have done as far as putting 350Z IMs on their cars. Idealy I would like to get a 3.0L and 3.5L versions made for us, so that people with 3.0Ls - like the FI ones especially, can benefit from this as well. He told me that the IM for the 350Z hasn't been dynoed just yet, and it was a crazy one off IM. He gave me a ball park figure on the price but I dont wanna spill the beans about it. Contact him with interest, but don't bug him about the price.

Thanks.
Great work. I didnt know Rob (Tilley's) comapny got taken over, I'm curious what happened, but to prevent going off topic if someone could PM me what happened that would be cool.

I am interested in a new manifold for the 3.5's. I wouldnt mind spending $800 for it, if the gains are definately there.

Thats a good idea for a 3.0L bolt on version, this would be another option for the 3.0Ls' to add to the list. And if its a bolt on it would be like installing a Mevi but with the gains (hopefully) of the 00vi.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:04 PM

Very interested in the manifold for the 3.5. But know, there have been companies that have TRIED to take upon this endeavour (ie. Kinetix) but have gained nothing from over the OEM I/M. Hell, most of the dyno's have shown a great loss in low-end, and a peak of maybe 4-5WHP at 6.5k. It basically became a modification that would only benefit those with cams, and an extended redline.

But if this guy can show us some gains, then.. all for it. I'm running out of things to do for my Altima.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:11 PM

No its not Rob- aka Tilley99 whos doing these. Its a actuall company that already makes performance parts for Nissans. I will keep everyone posted as to what Jon has got to say.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Thanks for posting on altimas.net, Mike. All of us FWD VQ peeps have to stick together.

I hope that this project will get off the ground. I know the right company will be able to develop an IM that will yield decent gains.

Ryan
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigirish
Thanks for posting on altimas.net, Mike. All of us FWD VQ peeps have to stick together.

I hope that this project will get off the ground. I know the right company will be able to develop an IM that will yield decent gains.

Ryan
No problem. Like I said, everyone benefits because the more interest there is the greater chance there is for production.

Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Lets make it happen man. The more mods the better, I plan on keepin my 4th gen for a minute. I luv it too much to change anytime soon. Besides I too cheap/broke.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:47 AM

I would most likely be interested in a different IM if the gains were there, and it allowed the car to continue to make power to the fuel cut.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Blu
the tits

yeah no thanks for that price tag.
you could always buy one and double the price in hopes of finding someone stupid enough to buy it from you. Kind of like your g20 thread
Old 09-08-2006, 11:07 AM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by Blu←
you could always buy one and double the price in hopes of finding someone stupid enough to buy it from you. Kind of like your g20 thread
stfu....

Old 09-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Oh I'am liking this, my car could use some extra HP...LOL

BTW It's good to see you're still around BlackBIRDVQ!!!!! Got something with an sr20det myself (90' 240sx)!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:04 AM

I am around the .org, just don't go to the 5th gen or any other forums much. I don't like reading bout what Ypipes people should buy etc.... nor do I wanna read about someone who just got new AXIS, Drag, Tenzo or any other cheap **** wheel.

I will keep ya posted as to what is going on.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Maxima Owner

ill take my 15 HP on a $150 Y-pipe and $400 on a 00VI or MEVI and still have 250 ot put towards an EU
Old 09-10-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSE96
ill take my 15 HP on a $150 Y-pipe and $400 on a 00VI or MEVI and still have 250 ot put towards an EU
And your point here ? Obviously I am getting nowhere with all the cheap ****** on this whole forum. I am trying to get a product made here, I should just get ONE made for my car and say screw the rest. Obviously for some of us here, funds for mods are not a object, its that we don't have enough mods because of cheap ****** like you who are not willing to buy the products.

If you aint going to buy one, just don't post.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Father of the 00 VI

And your point here ? Obviously I am getting nowhere with all the cheap ****** on this whole forum. I am trying to get a product made here, I should just get ONE made for my car and say screw the rest. Obviously for some of us here, funds for mods are not a object, its that we don't have enough mods because of cheap ****** like you who are not willing to buy the products.

I agree with you and thats why the main mod for going fast in a max is weight reduction and not HP

I want both

Ill the maximas i see at my local track are slow as hell and this will never change because the max community fights good mods with a bitter resolve
Old 09-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Blu
the tits

and this is the reason Maximas have no vendor support on new aftermarket products....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:15 AM

I would like to see a list of people interested in purchasing this product. Let the list be comprised of those who would pay between $xx.xx - $xx.xx for gain of around ## hp / ## tq.

With a list that is a little more detailed, it should filter thru those who wouldn’t purchase and who would purchase. With the list of those who would purchase, what the time frame would be ( 0-3 months, 6-9 months etc) and submit that to the manufacture that might be willing to manufacture the IM for us. This way they have a better idea of what they are getting into.

Just an idea to hopefully get the ball rolling.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Maxima Owner

sorry i have other priorities other than dumping thousands of dollars into my car.. cause if i did i certianly would have something better than a maxima.....and know u dont have enought mods because it NOT A F.UCKING SPORTS CAR.....i would love to see a nice manifold come out...for the 3.5 liter or even the 3.0 liter.....but lets say they do want $800 bux for one.....that rediculous for a massed produced item...if its one off just for u can pay all you want...but for the majority of us cheap ****** on teh forum there are cheaper alternatives....now if they produced and sold them for say $400 dollars it a whole new game....thats also y companies produce things then stop...they cahrge to damn much and no ones buys them so they stop making them...well knock some dollars off and people will pay....Oh and I am a cheap ***** and proud of it....besides 4th gens have had no vender support in years.....so all in all this doesnt apply to me in anyway at all
Old 09-11-2006, 09:06 AM

sorry i have other priorities other than dumping thousands of dollars into my car.. cause if i did i certianly would have something better than a maxima.....and know u dont have enought mods because it NOT A F.UCKING SPORTS CAR.....i would love to see a nice manifold come out...for the 3.5 liter or even the 3.0 liter.....but lets say they do want $800 bux for one.....that rediculous for a massed produced item...if its one off just for u can pay all you want...but for the majority of us cheap ****** on teh forum there are cheaper alternatives....now if they produced and sold them for say $400 dollars it a whole new game....thats also y companies produce things then stop...they cahrge to damn much and no ones buys them so they stop making them...well knock some dollars off and people will pay

If the manifold gets mass produced and there is a pretty decent demand for it, you can expect a decent price for them. If it turns out 4 people on the org and about 8 altima guys want it, then $800 makes sense and those who want it will buy it (thats just an example).

My point is you seem to be getting pretty upset about a price that has still yet to be determined. Unless I missed it a ball park figure hasnt even been thrown out.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Maxima Owner

someone has posted around 800 bux...i have no idea if its true or way off....but they might have been refering to the 350z manifold....and u know they will want the same if not more for a maxima/altima manifold
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 AM

I did thought i saw $800. But this number isnt set in stone. As we've seen in group buys, if we get enough people to buy we should get a price break. Plus if the gains are there, that $800 could be worth it.

Many were paying $600+ for the JWT ecu, and the gains from that (if memery serves) was around the y-pipe area, maybe less but spread out over the band.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Maxima Owner

true...i guess i never really looked at it that way.....lets say if is $800 for whatever....how hard would u have think about it befire u dropped that $800.......maybe its just my situation right now but thats alot....even the dropping it $600 dollars makes a big difference....and lets say it yields very silmilar gains to teh 350z manifold....which are u gonna take 350Z for half the price or the custom FWD manifold at the $800 price tag....now i dont want to cause an argument witrh BlackBird but honestly we all dont have wabs of cash to buy that stuff....i dunno....ill just leave this thread alone i guess....
Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 AM

I see where your comming from. I dont have rolls of money laying around, I work hard to save up to do what mods I can do with my budget after other bills and such are paid for.

But I love Cars and more so My car (maxima currently) and would make such a purcahse assuming the gains are there and its benefitial. If they came out with an $800 manifold that gave the same gains as the Z, I'd go on the Z-forums and pick one up cheap and bolt it on.

I feel this IM is in the feeler stage. Gathering up interest and see who would want to purcahse and find out how much it would cost, and the gains and if its worth it, put it into production. But in the end the gains will need to justify the price tag.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Maxima Owner

unfortunately it wont be for my car as it sits right now butif it were .....alot of my desicion would base on the cost...i guess it all depends on ur power goals to..i aint building a drag car so i guess some people could justify spending it and some cant....

Quick Reply: New 3.5L IM