All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

3.5 Swap no start - THE LAST STRAW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by scrhale
why is it that you can see straight the floor? What is the name of the part that normally conceals that area?

A better way to directly ask is why can you basically run you hand down the headers straight to the Y-pipe? Is it cause the radiator is removed or is there a bottom panel removed?
Originally Posted by tavarish
remember, car still has no O2's, radiator, or cooling system installed.

and yes, there is usually a black plastic firewall under there
Old 09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

why is it that you can see straight the floor? What is the name of the part that normally conceals that area?

A better way to directly ask is why can you basically run you hand down the headers straight to the Y-pipe? Is it cause the radiator is removed or is there a bottom panel removed?
you can see to the floor cause i havent installed the splash guards yet, and those are cattman headers, it's an equal length manifold, unlike the regular header/y pipe combo you're used to seeing.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:11 PM

glad the problem is solved and its running.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Every time I see a 3.5 swap thread I just want to cry. It is so tempting, but not economical. Having no job as a college student sucks.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:20 PM

Every time I see a 3.5 swap thread I just want to cry. It is so tempting, but not economical. Having no job as a college student sucks.
I think the swap has been pretty economical for me. To get a A condition 12,xxx motor for $600 was a deal. I see 3.0's on car-part with more miles going for that much. So far my car is getting 26-28 mpg without a tune. I'm faster too. For the money and hp/per dollar it is quite an economical mod considering the gains.

Now if you can't DIY. Then its not economical.

Get a job or take out more financial aid.

Without being to far off topic, congrats tavarish. I bet it feels great to have figured it out.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 PM

thats was refund checks are for. When I was in school, I hit a deer, hood needed to be replaced and headlights + grill. A little extra on my refund check got me a nice CF hood, 97+ headlights and corner lights.

Just remember you'll be paying this money back later, so dont go crazy with it.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:44 PM

UPDATE... the car is close to being done but there are some kinks to work out ... the engine starts fine.. runs decent, not real smooth but it idles funny ... when it idles, for the 1st 15 seconds it ildes a little high and sounds pretty normal, then the next 15 seconds the rpms drop a lil and theres this loud clunking/clanking sound... then it idles up a little higher and sounds pretty normal ... and thats what it does back and fourth.... any thoughts guys?... I greatly appreciate any feedback ... Tavarish should be taking a vid soon to reveal what I'm talking about
Old 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM

Nice job figuring out the problem Tavarish! I'm sorry if you've mentioned this before, I'm outo f the loop as far as Maxima.org is concerned because I devote my forum surfing mainly to 240sx/ka-t forums and only browse the org quickly and usually only read. I've got to ask though: what's the plan with this new car with the 3.5? I mean, you ahve one already...just wondering what the second is for? Just curious

edit...didn't realize this was from two weeks ago (although I didn't bump it), I'm still curious though
Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by BigLou93SE
Nice job figuring out the problem Tavarish! I'm sorry if you've mentioned this before, I'm outo f the loop as far as Maxima.org is concerned because I devote my forum surfing mainly to 240sx/ka-t forums and only browse the org quickly and usually only read. I've got to ask though: what's the plan with this new car with the 3.5? I mean, you ahve one already...just wondering what the second is for? Just curious

edit...didn't realize this was from two weeks ago (although I didn't bump it), I'm still curious though
second one is for ThisMaxIsTight.

I'll post the vid of the car running, it's weird, sounds like there's something clunking around inside the engine, but it's intermittent. the car runs absolutely fine, then goes into clunk mode. could be the oil, because when i added some oil, the sound subsided a bit. The timing on this car is good, and as far as I know the engine is good to go. i'll try some oil stabilizer, and see if that works. Other than that, i'd take off the valve covers and see if there's something physically stuck in there.