All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Greddy Touch

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:26 PM

Greddy Touch

IS THIS COMPATIBLE WITH THE MAXIMA!

Has anyone looked into this? It be cool to have.

Sorry I normally don't like to make threads but I searched and didn't see anything, I imagine if it were compatible with the 350z, I mean after all someone's already figure out how to get a UTEC useable on the maxima.

Powerful and user-friendly, the new Info-Touch provides advanced engine monitoring, with touch screen ease. Installation of the 3.5” Color TFT unit is made simple with the provided OBD/CAN and 12V cigarette lighter plugs. The Info-Touch is ideal for most vehicles, from stock cars to highly-tuned street machines. Depending on vehicle, the unit can display from a large list of factory ECU signal Items, estimate Power with a weight/acceleration run, estimate Fuel Economy and Cost in Eco mode, Data-log up to 15 minutes of info, and read/reset DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes,) And by simply touching the controls, you may select from choices of viewing the screen vertically or horizontally in 5 pre-set patterns and 6 meter styles: [Digital, Bar meter, Needle meter, Circle bar, Graph, & Chart]. Other features include, options for English or Japanese, SAE or Metric readings, Peak-hold memory, visual/audio programmable warning values and selectable scales. The Info-Touch also has options for displaying external signals from other GReddy units like the v-manage and f-manage or even non-GReddy units like A/F meters and more.

• Up to 53 Items possible
• 3.5” TFT color touch screen
• ISO 14230, CAN, Non OBD
• 3-way display direction
• 6 read-out styles:
Digital, Bar meter, Needle meter,
Circle bar, Graph, Chart
• 5 display patterns:
Couple, Tandem, Lord/Tenant,
Couple/3 Fold, 6 Fold
• DTC – Diagnostic Trouble Code
Reading & Resetting (depending on vehicle.)
• 15 minute dataloging & playback
• English or Japanese language
• Metric or SAE measurements
• Eco-drive, Fuel Economy, Power estimators
• GReddy v-manage, f-manage compatible
• External Signal monitoring possibilities
• Programmable Warning Alarms (visual/audio)
• Programmable Max/Min Scales
• Peak Hold Memory (LO / HI)
• Selectable background patterns
• Day/Night settings
• Size 75mm x 107mm x d16mm

Last edited by STILLENGLE; 05-07-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Some of the stuff works, but not you cannot get all of the readings. For the money, it's really not worth it since so many functions will not work. It does not work at all on a 4th gen. There are better functioning units for the money for the Maxima.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM

This kinda reminds me of the Innovate OT-2 that lets you datalog/view AFR on an iPhone/iPod touch.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
Some of the stuff works, but not you cannot get all of the readings. For the money, it's really not worth it since so many functions will not work. It does not work at all on a 4th gen. There are better functioning units for the money for the Maxima.
Did you have it hooked up to a EU or was it just straight off the ecu?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by locknuts
Did you have it hooked up to a EU or was it just straight off the ecu?
It cannot connect through the EU. I tried it through the OBDII port, which it comes with a connector for, and also with a Consult adapter, that I had to special order from Japan. All in all, I lost about $200 in that little experiment. Some happy EVO owner is running around with it now. That is why I recommend you save your money, learn from my mistake. Greddy has a list of compatible vehicles on their website. It may work better on an 02+ Max, I only tested a 95, 97, 98, and 2000.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:18 PM

It cannot connect through the EU. I tried it through the OBDII port, which it comes with a connector for, and also with a Consult adapter, that I had to special order from Japan. All in all, I lost about $200 in that little experiment. Some happy EVO owner is running around with it now. That is why I recommend you save your money, learn from my mistake. Greddy has a list of compatible vehicles on their website. It may work better on an 02+ Max, I only tested a 95, 97, 98, and 2000.
Yea, the VQ30 is slightly different then the 35, thats probably why, from my understanding you it can read external signals off the E-Manage systems. I am sure someone will test it out for the 5.5 Gen's whats the worse that could happen. If it don't work turn around and sell it and possibly make a profit.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
Yea, the VQ30 is slightly different then the 35, thats probably why, from my understanding you it can read external signals off the E-Manage systems. I am sure someone will test it out for the 5.5 Gen's whats the worse that could happen. If it don't work turn around and sell it and possibly make a profit.
It has nothing to do with the motor, it has to do with the wiring in the car. Like I said, some functions worked in the 2000 (VQ30), but not all of them. For the money, I want something that is going to function 100%. I can read all my parameters off of my EU, but I need a laptop in the car to see them. I'm not driving around staring at my laptop, and I'm not about to keep it in the car 100% of the time. It may have gained some functionality with the 5.5 gen, but even the EVO guy I sold mine too couldn't use all the functions. I don't think Greddy did a very good job implementing and releasing this to the U.S. market.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 AM

It has nothing to do with the motor, it has to do with the wiring in the car. Like I said, some functions worked in the 2000 (VQ30), but not all of them. For the money, I want something that is going to function 100%. I can read all my parameters off of my EU, but I need a laptop in the car to see them. I'm not driving around staring at my laptop, and I'm not about to keep it in the car 100% of the time. It may have gained some functionality with the 5.5 gen, but even the EVO guy I sold mine too couldn't use all the functions. I don't think Greddy did a very good job implementing and releasing this to the U.S. market.
I have a laptop in my car constanly

Thats why i was asking about the touch in conjuction with the EU. But while on the subject a carputer would be more logical and be way more worth it IE mp3's mpegs fsm's ect ect. You can get barebones for a car-puter for pretty cheap and a monitor would probley run you just as much as one of these, but then you would have to figure out mouse and keyboard........... dont really want a huge keyboard and what are you going to use for a mouse pad?? lol

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-09-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by locknuts
I have a laptop in my car constanly

Thats why i was asking about the touch in conjuction with the EU. But while on the subject a carputer would be more logical and be way more worth it IE mp3's mpegs fsm's ect ect. You can get barebones for a car-puter for pretty cheap and a monitor would probley run you just as much as one of these, but then you would have to figure out mouse and keyboard........... dont really want a huge keyboard and what are you going to use for a mouse pad?? lol
I got ya. That is why I was interested in the touch, since it is supposed to datalog. I could make a couple runs, and just adjust my EU with my laptop when I had the time. Unfortunately, it is definetly a no go on the 4th gen. Nothing works at all. Like I said, I even tried the consult adapter that I had to get from Japan.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Pixell

Hi,

I have put this thing into my 97 Infiniti l30, and it works.

as said before, only few parameters will be work if you put this thing into our 4gen.

all i need are :

- Greddy Touch
- Greddy Touch optional part : Non OBD Cable.