All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

wide band air fuel question 3.5 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 AM

wide band air fuel question 3.5 swap

first im doing a 3.5 swap. im gettin all my parts together. just saving up for a clutch and powersteering pump(mines leaking bad) and then i got everything.
my question is tuning wise were would i put the o2 sensor for my external wideband? i would i put it on the down pipe coming from the front header(bank 2) or the back header(bank 1) or would i put it on the down pipe after they meet?

from doing my research i have got a few different answer and its leaving me unsure now. wha im thinking is on the down pipe for bank 1. but im not sure. if anyone could help it will be great. im going to make a thread on my 3.5 swap when i start iti n a few weeks
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 AM

Weld the bung into your y pipe before the last cat between 9-3 o'clock position.

Do NOT just use one bank.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Weld the bung into your y pipe before the last cat between 9-3 o'clock position.

Do NOT just use one bank.

thanks. is there any brand of wide band o2 you perfer.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by P0tter7

I have an innovate brand, but its up to you.
There are a lot to choose from.
Just do your homework to make sure your happy.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 AM

I have an innovate brand, but its up to you.
There are a lot to choose from.
Just do your homework to make sure your happy.

i have done alot of sereaching. but everyone has there own oppions. have you done the 3.5 swap? if so wat ecu are you running?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 AM

i have done alot of sereaching. but everyone has there own oppions. have you done the 3.5 swap? if so wat ecu are you running?
Yep. Swapped here. Running a JWT ECU, but I need to get an emanage as well to fine tune.
The JWT is just plug and play~no tuning on the fly.
Lots better than just the stock ECU though.
Butt dyno proven.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Yep. Swapped here. Running a JWT ECU, but I need to get an emanage as well to fine tune.
The JWT is just plug and play~no tuning on the fly.
Lots better than just the stock ECU though.
Butt dyno proven.

i have been thinking about getting the jwt. but im unsure on were to get it. i got the website and i found one but i dont want to buy something that i dont need. this is the website i found.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=156
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22 AM

i have been thinking about getting the jwt. but im unsure on were to get it. i got the website and i found one but i dont want to buy something that i dont need. this is the website i found.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=156
That's the right site.
You send your ECU to them and get it back awesome.
You have to call them with the particulars of your set up.
I'm just going to do both because racecar, but just a emanage will work piggy backed fine~you'll need to buy or make a harness to patch into your ECU for the emu.
In a way the JWT is easier for that reason/but the emanage allows you to tune~which is what you use your wideband for..so, yep..lol

**Some people use tape to tune as well.
You'll have to ask the right people about that.
All I know is that gorilla tape is put on the MAF so it tricks the a/f ratio to get more power.

Good luck.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Administrator

AEM, Innovate, PLX, Zeitronix....all good choices

I just installed a Zeitronix ZT-3 wideband with the hacker/tweaker display and tied it into an EMU, and I have to say it was easy to install and very pleased so far with the product.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard

AEM, Innovate, PLX, Zeitronix....all good choices

I just installed a Zeitronix ZT-3 wideband with the hacker/tweaker display and tied it into an EMU, and I have to say it was easy to install and very pleased so far with the product.

Always good to see you in a thread.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

The new PLX works very well for me. This is part of a modular family of gauges. I like it. Lots of great features.

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_in...=WDBDSMAFR_DM6

Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM

That's the right site.
I'm just going to do both because racecar, but just a emanage will work piggy backed fine~you'll need to buy or make a harness to patch into your ECU for the emu.
In a way the JWT is easier for that reason/but the emanage allows you to tune~which is what you use your wideband for..so, yep..lol

All I know is that gorilla tape is put on the MAF so it tricks the a/f ratio to get more power.

Good luck.

hahaha i have seen that. im still unsure. now you made me more confused. about sending my ecu to them. if so then i gotta get a 95 manual ecu to send to them. i have a 97 maxima that i convered to 5 speed and have zero codes. but when i do my 3.5 swap i have read alot about people getting codes. im going to keep reading about the jwt ecu and stuff about tuning. im going to do the swap first and go from there. im the only one in my area to do the 3.5 swap. and i have 2 other friends with maxima and im pushing them to do it as well. and pushed 2 more friends to buy maxxes. thanks guys
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Not trying to confuse you.

You should be happy to know that there are options and your on the right track by starting with a wideband.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 AM

hahaha i have seen that. im still unsure. now you made me more confused. about sending my ecu to them. if so then i gotta get a 95 manual ecu to send to them. i have a 97 maxima that i convered to 5 speed and have zero codes. but when i do my 3.5 swap i have read alot about people getting codes. im going to keep reading about the jwt ecu and stuff about tuning. im going to do the swap first and go from there. im the only one in my area to do the 3.5 swap. and i have 2 other friends with maxima and im pushing them to do it as well. and pushed 2 more friends to buy maxxes. thanks guys
if ur from jersey thiers plenty of 3.5swap out there,if confused he means emanage ultimate or jwt ecu u just go with the emu if u dont want to spend for two ecu's.or like he said get the jwt first that will allow u to run the 3.5swap safely with plug n play,but if u wanna make surious ajdustments u need the emange ultimate(emu),its really the only two options at the moment.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I like Maximas

That's the right site.

Good luck.

JWT is crap.. waste of money IMHO. similar to Emanage Blue and VAFC1. Maybe in the yore days of NOT having anything else to tune with - those were actual options. Nowadays it's overpriced ancient poop that only does a decent job compared to what's available now.

EU does everything JWT does but better, and to YOUR particular engine mods.
since JWT = one tune fits all BS.

so to spend money on a JWT ecu, and then to use an EU to even out the JWT settings is IMHO financially irresponsible. (but hey, YOUR TIME + YOUR DIME = YOUR OUTCOME)

95 ECU + EU + AEM UEGO + a tuner who knows what they're doing = best possible (bang for buck) tuning option for a 3.0 ECU powered vq3X

^^ in my 96 3.5L since '07
Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 PM

thanks to all of you guys. im going to keep it all in mind. i still have to get a clutch and few things b4 i put it all together. so i got time. i just wanna do it all safe but get the most i can for my money. im not trying to spend 1000000000000 dollars but i dont wanna be cheap about it. i need to get a 95 ecu asap. and by the way what EU are you running?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Banned

Bumbleclot!

Haltech with surratt patch harness and nuttin else!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Bumbleclot!

Haltech with surratt patch harness and nuttin else!
haltech is only for 3.5 timing he has 3.0 timing so no go or i think somebody would of mention haltech as first option.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Max streets
haltech is only for 3.5 timing he has 3.0 timing so no go or i think somebody would of mention haltech as first option.
Thanks.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Max streets
Explain what exactly you mean.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 AM

only maximas runing haltech are 2002 and up that came with the 3.5 from factory,now any maxima below that year you would have to do the full 3.5 swap ecu,tranny,wire harness etc.verse the hybrid swap when u keep ur old tranny and ecu which is 3.0 timing.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 AM
dot dot dot ...

Even the 02+ harnesses are custom. I'm sure Darren could probably make you a one off. Though not sure if it be worth it.