Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need help here..pleaseeeee!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 11:47 PM

Need help here..pleaseeeee!!

ok guys..i really need help. Here's what i have: 2 12" Infinity Perfects, 1400w lanzar 2 ch amp, custom sealed box. I'm about to get them installed, i know they're gonna pound hard, but i'm worried about replacing my components with something more worthy of my subs. also, dynamat scares the hell out of me. Here's the gist:

1)Do you think i'm gonna get mad rattle out of this setup?
2)If so, what can i do to get rid of it?
3)What parts of the car should i dynamat if it comes to that?
4)Should i replace my components with something better?
5)What should i replace with, and what amps to power them?

Thanks a lot,
Wind

btw, 2k2 max with bose and in-dash 6cd changer.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:29 AM
I'm so hood

Along with your other post about subs & factory speakers mixing, I'd say...that's one that you have to listen to in action in order to determine. If you feel the bose is getting drowned out though, I'd go for a decent component system in order to keep tweets separate and mounted close to the ear. You could go with a Kappa perfect component system to keep everything...dare I say..."perfect" But they're pricy. Just take a listen at your local stereo shops.

afa rattles go, hunt them down and deal with them separately, as many as you can, before going dampening-crazy. Hunt them down by holding/pushing in on panels as the system is bumping, etc. Judge what you need to do from there. Sometimes it's simple things like the trunk latch, which you can wrap with e-tape to allieviate (at least that's how I've always gotten rid of trunk latch rattles) or loose trunk panels. Other times its body panels flexing and rattling at the joints to another panel, which will need dampening material most likely.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:27 AM

thanks a lot, i kind of figured i'd have to run the system to figure out all my problems. i don't really wanna go damp crazy, i was thinking a few layers in the trunk if any at all, as i'm on a limited budget

thanks,
Wind