Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Dummy ques... What is all the wiring stuff that i need for a complete install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 02:15 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Dummy ques... What is all the wiring stuff that i need for a complete install?

I got most of my equipment but I need the wiring and stuff..

I got a Amp wiring kit, it's a lot of crap but I don't know what exactly is for what and whether or not it includes everything I may need.

Can someone please list all the necessary stuff for a complete install, also how much of it may I need for a Maxima.. ?

thanks!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:47 PM

what all do you plan on installing???? One amp kit will be enough for the installation of one amp (rca's, ground, power, fuse, speaker wire and hardware) If you plan on wiring in new speakers...you shouldn't need anything else. Head unit...wiring harnesses and antenna harness. um.......anything I miss????
Hope this helps
Old 08-01-2002, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by pearl93max
what all do you plan on installing???? One amp kit will be enough for the installation of one amp (rca's, ground, power, fuse, speaker wire and hardware) If you plan on wiring in new speakers...you shouldn't need anything else. Head unit...wiring harnesses and antenna harness. um.......anything I miss????
Hope this helps
In all I have:

New deck (already in)
4 channel amp
pair of components
pair of coaxials
2 channel amp for subs
2 10's in a sealed box

Are you saying the wiring kit includes everything? because it is quite a bit of wire in there..
Old 08-01-2002, 08:43 PM

hard to tell w/o seeing it. the components and coaxials will have to have speaker wire running from them, through the car to the4 channel amp (if that i what it's for). You will need however much speaker wire you it takes to get from both doors to trunk and rear deck to trunk. Prolly need more than what's in the kit. and to run 2 amps, you'll need 2 distobution block...1=power, 1=ground...(pic of mine below) Fosgate make a amp kit made for useing 2 amps if you would rather have that...more wiring and disto blocks in th kit. You wilalso need 2 sets ofrca cables...one for each amp. You can either get some y-splitters....unless you have 2 rca outputs behind the HU. Lemme know if you need anythingelse r if I'm too confusing
-Blake
Old 08-01-2002, 09:07 PM

Usually wiring kits will include everything that you need except speaker wire (at least in the kits I've seen/used). If you have two amps make sure you have a kit made for two amps (it will include a distribution block to split your power wire from one into two). You should have a red power wire, a fuse holder with fuse, the distro block, two more red power wires (from the block to each amp), two black ground wires, and of course lots of speaker wire (I bought around 70 feet if I remember correctly). I think that's all you should need. If you have a kit made for a single amp then you'll probably want to return that and get a two amp kit.

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

In all I have:

New deck (already in)
4 channel amp
pair of components
pair of coaxials
2 channel amp for subs
2 10's in a sealed box

Are you saying the wiring kit includes everything? because it is quite a bit of wire in there..
Old 08-01-2002, 10:24 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

hard to tell w/o seeing it. the components and coaxials will have to have speaker wire running from them, through the car to the4 channel amp (if that i what it's for). You will need however much speaker wire you it takes to get from both doors to trunk and rear deck to trunk. Prolly need more than what's in the kit. and to run 2 amps, you'll need 2 distobution block...1=power, 1=ground...(pic of mine below) Fosgate make a amp kit made for useing 2 amps if you would rather have that...more wiring and disto blocks in th kit. You wilalso need 2 sets ofrca cables...one for each amp. You can either get some y-splitters....unless you have 2 rca outputs behind the HU. Lemme know if you need anythingelse r if I'm too confusing
-Blake
You do not NEED a distribution block for your ground, infact each amp should have its own ground, and always remeber the shorter the length of the ground, the better.

--Don
Old 08-02-2002, 08:39 AM

I've been meaning to take mine out....just looked better at the time

You do not NEED a distribution block for your ground
Old 08-02-2002, 08:45 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

I've been meaning to take mine out....just looked better at the time

Well if its purpose is solely for looks and the wire run is still short, you can still use it. I was only stating that it isnt NEEDed. I actually have one on my cap (Alumapro) that I dont use. My amps still get thier own grounds. Even still ya dont see the back of my cap, so it wouldnt be for show anywayz.

--Don
Old 08-08-2002, 10:10 AM

damn
I do not know this for sure
but i think i got a single amp wiring kit
can't return it since i bought it months and months ago

here is what is included, as written on the box:

-Red Power wire - 20 ft.
-Black ground wire - 4 ft.
-Blue Remote Turn on - 20 ft.
-Speaker wire - 20 ft.
-RCA Interconnect Audio Cable - 20 ft.
-Split Loom For Cable Portecton and Organization - 6 ft.
-Gold Plated Fuse - AGU Type

Other accessories:
-Water resistant inline fuse holder
-60A AGU Fuse included
-2 ring terminal, 8Ga
-2 Spade Terminal 8Ga
-5 Spade Terminal I4-16GA
-2 Butt.Conn. 18-22GA, red
-1 Butt.Conn. 8GA, red
-3 Self-tapping Screw
-20 Cable Tie, 6I
-1 black grommet

you guys think i'll need more speaker wire?
there is already some with the speakers themselves.. and can i buy some of the things that I did not mentioned above, seperate? and where?
Old 08-08-2002, 12:30 PM
rilla dope

If you already have the kit and the power cable isn't 4guage, then you can run another 8 guage from the battery. My old ride had 2 8guages running as there was one amp in there already and we just strung another one up along side.

It looks like you have most of what you need for one amp and you can buy a distribution block and some 4guage if you need or just run dual power supplies. It doesn't look as though you have a terribly huge amount of current draw. If you don't know what you're doing with electrical systems, I would get a pro to help out. Blowing fuses and starting small fires is no fun thing. This I know.