Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

The truth about audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 04:43 PM

The truth about audio

I just bought some infiniti kappa perfects12.1's, and am also considering buying a new headunit and speakers to replace the BOse system. My question is, I actually like the sound coming from the speakers, I really don't see how it can be any better than what it is, would MB quart speakers and and amp for them with a kenwood double din headunit, really be that noticeable? What would be the differences? Thanks
Old 08-06-2002, 06:10 PM
jmax

Every ear is different. Even the two on your head hear things slightly differently. So it is up to you to decide what sounds best, better, or worse.

Old 08-06-2002, 10:13 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally posted by jmax
Every ear is different. Even the two on your head hear things slightly differently. So it is up to you to decide what sounds best, better, or worse.

Very true. Go to some shops and listen to what they have. Compare one to another, unfortunately you cannot have your stock Bose played in there.

Keep in mind when at a store, you are in a much larger open area than your car.

Different people hear different things, and some people hear, what others dont at all. So even the "best" speakers in the world may not sound one bit of different to YOU, others will hear a world of difference.

--Don
Old 08-07-2002, 03:26 AM

Re: The truth about audio

Originally posted by brodaiga
I just bought some infiniti kappa perfects12.1's, and am also considering buying a new headunit and speakers to replace the BOse system. My question is, I actually like the sound coming from the speakers, I really don't see how it can be any better than what it is, would MB quart speakers and and amp for them with a kenwood double din headunit, really be that noticeable? What would be the differences? Thanks
If you like the way it sounds now, my advice would be to not change it!

Tony
Old 08-07-2002, 10:17 AM

Re: The truth about audio

The problem I had with the Bose is that id didn't get loud enough. It sounded good at lower volumes, but once you turned it up it didn't sound so great. If you have Inifinity Perfects, it seems to me that you want to play your system loud. I really doubt the Bose system will be able to keep up with those subs once you crank it.

Old 08-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Kevlo for President

get infiniti kappa components they can handle, i think 250 watts each
Old 08-08-2002, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by kevlo911
get infiniti kappa components they can handle, i think 250 watts each
I think I'm keeping my BOSE, i like and have no prob with it.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:31 PM

If you like the Bose then wait till you don't, (trust me it will happen eventually) then go out and upgrade your speakers and get a nice amp. Truth is any mid level component set will probally be an upgrade on your car but more inportantly you WILL notice a differnce. All speakers have thier own characteristics that make em what they are. Some carry more mid bass others greater detail high frequencies. Start listining to other Maxes with aftermarket systems to see what's out there and how they sound. Stores are nice but every speaker will sound different in every different car on the market. You are an ORG member, use your fellow maxima owners to your advatage. Go to meets and stop look listen. In the mean time relax enjoy what you have and save money. Cause when the bug hits and you want better sound quality it would be better to have some cash already saved for it. Whatever you do don't rush when you do buy, cause you'll just be replacing em in a year.

(I got Infinity Kappa perfects 6.1 in my third gen FYI)
Good luck
Old 08-08-2002, 10:51 PM

I think I'm keeping my BOSE, i like and have no prob with it.
so then all you need is a high/low converter, subs/amp and your set man!! ask JoesMax, i just did his system not too long ago in his 2k2 and it sounds awsome for only two 10's running off a high/low and hes got all factory speakers and radio.

Ant
Old 08-09-2002, 01:14 AM

Originally posted by dat_nomad
If you like the Bose then wait till you don't, (trust me it will happen eventually) then go out and upgrade your speakers and get a nice amp. Truth is any mid level component set will probally be an upgrade on your car but more inportantly you WILL notice a differnce. All speakers have thier own characteristics that make em what they are. Some carry more mid bass others greater detail high frequencies. Start listining to other Maxes with aftermarket systems to see what's out there and how they sound. Stores are nice but every speaker will sound different in every different car on the market. You are an ORG member, use your fellow maxima owners to your advatage. Go to meets and stop look listen. In the mean time relax enjoy what you have and save money. Cause when the bug hits and you want better sound quality it would be better to have some cash already saved for it. Whatever you do don't rush when you do buy, cause you'll just be replacing em in a year.

(I got Infinity Kappa perfects 6.1 in my third gen FYI)
Good luck
Very sound advice!!!

Tony
Old 08-10-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by Tony Fernandes

Very sound advice!!!

Tony

thanks for the advice, but i'm trying not get by "bit" by the mod bug for audio, I already have been for other things nad have a 5spd and SC, lol, the way I see it is people upgrade audio b/c they aren't happy with it, if I'm happy with it (or at least for now, and hopefully for longer), I see no reason to upgrade, thanks.