Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help w/ Pioneer DEH-P6000

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 08:40 PM

Help w/ Pioneer DEH-P6000

Does anyone have this same radio? I have had it about 2 and a half years and never had a problem until now. It has a fold down face and when ever I put the face down on the radio to put a CD in,the CD will stop playing and the cd will not eject. It has to be some connection that isn't being made.Does anyone have an idea on what I could do or should I get someone to fix it. I just don't want to have to spend a bunch on it to get fixed, thanks!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:55 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Help w/ Pioneer DEH-P6000

Originally posted by Hunter11
Does anyone have this same radio? I have had it about 2 and a half years and never had a problem until now. It has a fold down face and when ever I put the face down on the radio to put a CD in,the CD will stop playing and the cd will not eject. It has to be some connection that isn't being made.Does anyone have an idea on what I could do or should I get someone to fix it. I just don't want to have to spend a bunch on it to get fixed, thanks!
Honestly....replace it. Getting it fixed usually becomes quite costly, aside from that, the problem can still occur again, and or other problems. Best bet is to buy a new one.

--Don
Old 08-13-2002, 11:33 PM

call Pioneer and get the number to an authorized local repair shop that can look at it for you. Ususally they dont charge for estimates on parts/labor.

Ant
Old 08-14-2002, 10:26 AM
mb1

it sound to me like the faceplate is not making a good connection with the stereo when it is lowered. Since the eject button is on the face, it does not eject, and when the face is removed, the player turns off thus the cd stops playing. It could be something very simple. Take a close look at the connectors on the face, and the mounting points.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:15 PM

That is what I think it is. The thing is, is that I can fold the face down then put it back up but not all the way. Just far enough for the power to get back to the face and for there to be just a big enough space for me to stick a key in there to hit the eject button and then the CD will come out. Know what I am sayin'?
I just don't want to buy another one. This is by far the best CD player I have had. I have had a JVC,Sanyo,and a Clarion. They all tore up within a year. Maybe it is something simple.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:02 PM
mb1

Originally posted by Hunter11
That is what I think it is. The thing is, is that I can fold the face down then put it back up but not all the way. Just far enough for the power to get back to the face and for there to be just a big enough space for me to stick a key in there to hit the eject button and then the CD will come out. Know what I am sayin'?
I just don't want to buy another one. This is by far the best CD player I have had. I have had a JVC,Sanyo,and a Clarion. They all tore up within a year. Maybe it is something simple.
I know exactly what you mean. I love mine, although it's the premier version, its almost the same. I've had it for 3 years with no probs. It does sound like when you lower the screen the connections disconnect. maybee the lower part that touches when the screen is lowered is rusted or something, in that case you can just sand it off. You need to closely inspect what happens to the connections when it is lowered.