Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

bose CD player not working!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 01:50 PM

bose CD player not working!!! HELP!!!

After I got my ride back from being stolen, the Bose CD player worked, but after turning off the car while listening to a CD, when I turned the car back on the cd would eject and I would get ERR on the bose unit display. After about a month, it quit playing CD's completely. I don't understand the problem with it. Has anyone had this problem before? Thnaks for the help.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: bose CD player not working!!! HELP!!!

Originally posted by jaxima
After I got my ride back from being stolen, the Bose CD player worked, but after turning off the car while listening to a CD, when I turned the car back on the cd would eject and I would get ERR on the bose unit display. After about a month, it quit playing CD's completely. I don't understand the problem with it. Has anyone had this problem before? Thnaks for the help.
Apparently the high dollar bose decks are pieces of sh**

My 95 SE's Bose crapped out....wouldnt play tapes and the display faded in and out....so i bought a used 97 model one........the damn CD freaks out....and if i hit a cigarette butt it skips.....

I'll wait till i can afford a mp3 supported deck.

Aaron
Old 08-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This exact same thing happened to me on my I30. Thankfully Infiniti's goodwill program got me another BOSE unit for free. 3 weeks later the SAME thing happens...they replaced it again a few days later. I guess there are just some faulty units out there, the one in my 96' Maxima never had any problems the whole time I owned it.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: bose CD player not working!!! HELP!!!

Originally posted by jaxima
The Bose unit in my '98 Max does the same thing! It's strange. When it does this, sometimes it will not let me put in a CD afterwards... it just will not take it in. It's like it is dead until the next day. I am considering either buying a new Bose unit from the dealer (should I?) or getting some sort of aftermarket unit.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: bose CD player not working!!! HELP!!!

Originally posted by swcello

The Bose unit in my '98 Max does the same thing! It's strange. When it does this, sometimes it will not let me put in a CD afterwards... it just will not take it in. It's like it is dead until the next day. I am considering either buying a new Bose unit from the dealer (should I?) or getting some sort of aftermarket unit.
They are like 1200 from the dealer.....

Go aftermarket...I should have...........I'm going to get a head unit that supports mp3 playback and xm radio.......if thy have one

Aaron