Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Compustar vs Autopage

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 07:39 PM

Compustar vs Autopage

I've narrowed my alarm selection down to the Autopage RS-750LCD and the Compustar 2WSS. Both seem identical in features. I am very curious about the remotes. The Autopage seems to be cheaper than the Compustar, but it seems (according to the past threads) that the Autopage is more popular.

Is one remote bigger than the other? Do they have a key lock so you can't unlock your car cause you leaned against a table corner and pushed the button in your pocket? How do the remotes hold up?

Anyone with either system please comment.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:14 PM

Re: Compustar vs Autopage

Originally posted by maximised
I've narrowed my alarm selection down to the Autopage RS-750LCD and the Compustar 2WSS. Both seem identical in features. I am very curious about the remotes. The Autopage seems to be cheaper than the Compustar, but it seems (according to the past threads) that the Autopage is more popular.

Is one remote bigger than the other? Do they have a key lock so you can't unlock your car cause you leaned against a table corner and pushed the button in your pocket? How do the remotes hold up?

Anyone with either system please comment.
i have a friend with the 65 buck autopage. he loves it. easy install, and the nice thing is that it cut his insurance premiums by 10 bux a month, so it paid for itself in 6 months

eric
Old 09-10-2002, 07:26 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I have the Autopage 750LCD. I havent installed it yet, only power it up to make sure it works after it came in.

You have the status that tells you if the car is locked or not.. plus the remote beeps or vibrates (your choice). You would hear or feel any operation.

Another friend installed his Autopage this weekend. He's happy with it. He said the 2way range is much better in wooden structures than concrete (like the mall), but I guess thats to be expected. You can be alerted much farther (car sends signal) than you can control the car (the remote sending signal)... but again, the remote is only on a AAA battery so you'll have that
Old 09-10-2002, 07:29 PM

the remote is quality.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by TimW

the remote is quality.
Thanks for the pics! Can the autopage automatically lock the doors if you don't after a certain period of time?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...379277800&rd=1

And its only $185?? That seems like a great deal. I'd like to hear from someone with a compustar, but it looks like it'll be hard to be the autopage 750 for the price.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:23 PM

yeah.. I paid $225 on a group deal about 3 weeks ago. The place I got it is supposed to be authorized and should have a full mfg warranty. From http://www.turboevo.com

it has like 7 pages of programming options. It can do passive arming.

Its expensive because of the remote start.

I have no plans to use the remote start. I also recently decided not to put a AV system in my car (just threw in XM and I'm happy for now). I'm considering selling the Autopage. Again, its only been powered up, not installed. I was kinda curious as to the how the remote gave the confirmation I need to protect my 2k2 HIDs.. I dunno.. still on the fence.