Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

96 maxima factory alarm replace/removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

96 maxima factory alarm replace/removal

hey guys...ive been searching this whole forum for the past few days on some questions that i have re: my maxima.

i am choosing to replace the factory alarm with an autopage alarm which i have purchased. i have copies of wiring charts for my car from another post and a couple wiring diagrams from the net. for instance the 12volt install bay supplies this wiring legend: nissan maxima wiring chart
on this forum:
nissan maxima wiring chart2

it states that their and in a users post on this forum that their is a factory arm/disarm and also a door lock/unlock.

i am installing a new alarm...i want to remove the factory alarm (if posssible..cant find any post about this either). is it possible to remove the factory alarm altogether??? if not, which wires do i wire my alarm too, the factory arm/disarm for the door locks, or the door unlock/lock wires.

also...what is considered the local control unit?? where is it located??

the factory alarm/keyless entry has an option on my year to roll the front two windows down. cant i tap into the wires already going into the doors to do this function with my aftermarket alarm?? where is the brain unit for the factory alarm??

only one more i think: my factory alarm will sound if when the car is armed you reach in the front window and "pop" the trunk. does this mean that i have a trunk pin already??? in the wiring pinouts, it says the purple/yellow wire is the trunk pin and the trunk release. so how can i get a reading from this one wire and also pop the trunk through this one wire?? it states on the wiring diagram, that the polarity is negative, so does it go positive when open and then how can a relay be used to pop it??

i'd really appreciate some answers, you can email me directly or post. jindusi@optonline.net
Old 09-17-2002, 01:53 AM

Re: 96 maxima factory alarm replace/removal

Originally posted by jlindusi
hey guys...ive been searching this whole forum for the past few days on some questions that i have re: my maxima.

i am choosing to replace the factory alarm with an autopage alarm which i have purchased. i have copies of wiring charts for my car from another post and a couple wiring diagrams from the net. for instance the 12volt install bay supplies this wiring legend: nissan maxima wiring chart
on this forum:
nissan maxima wiring chart2

it states that their and in a users post on this forum that their is a factory arm/disarm and also a door lock/unlock.

i am installing a new alarm...i want to remove the factory alarm (if posssible..cant find any post about this either). is it possible to remove the factory alarm altogether??? if not, which wires do i wire my alarm too, the factory arm/disarm for the door locks, or the door unlock/lock wires.

also...what is considered the local control unit?? where is it located??

the factory alarm/keyless entry has an option on my year to roll the front two windows down. cant i tap into the wires already going into the doors to do this function with my aftermarket alarm?? where is the brain unit for the factory alarm??

only one more i think: my factory alarm will sound if when the car is armed you reach in the front window and "pop" the trunk. does this mean that i have a trunk pin already??? in the wiring pinouts, it says the purple/yellow wire is the trunk pin and the trunk release. so how can i get a reading from this one wire and also pop the trunk through this one wire?? it states on the wiring diagram, that the polarity is negative, so does it go positive when open and then how can a relay be used to pop it??

i'd really appreciate some answers, you can email me directly or post. jindusi@optonline.net
If I were you, I would keep the factory alarm still in tact, BUT cut the power to it indefinitely (remove fuse?). This way, you don't have to cut/splice any wires. As far as installing your aftermarket alarm, if it has an extra feature (channel), you can use this channel to operate your power windows. As far as the trunk, yes, the trunk wire (purple/yellow) will trigger the trunk if opened (no relay needed). This operates the same as the hood with a "tilt" switch. What this is, is a small switch with a ball in it mounted under the hood, and when the hood is closed, the switch lays flat with the ball away from the contact switch. When hood is opened, though, the ball rolls down the switch, making contact, and triggers the alarm. Also, this is good for towing theft. Now, for the power locks, the alarm must have a "double pulse" genenerator to open all four doors at the same time. This wire must be tapped to the green/yellow wire in the driver's switch. Sorry to be brief, but I hoped this information helped any. PM if you have any other questions.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:51 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

The door lock wires are located in the driver side door. Double pulse is required. The factory alarm arms/disarms with lock and unlock. There is aboslutely no need whatsover to remove/disconnect or touch anything regarding the factory alarm.

The trunk trigger is operated off of your trunk domelight. It is the SMALL purple/yellow wire low in driver side kick. The larger purple/yellow is for your trunk release (relay to ground required).

Your windows run through a multiplex system so no, they will not work off of an addition channel via your alarm.

Any other questions feel free to ask or email me. I have DEI Techsoft, and Omega on hand if you need further wiring instructions. I have done quite a few alarm/remotes starts for members here on the Org, so you can actually ask them how theirs came out.....

--Don
Old 09-18-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by Pearl96Max
The door lock wires are located in the driver side door. Double pulse is required. The factory alarm arms/disarms with lock and unlock. There is aboslutely no need whatsover to remove/disconnect or touch anything regarding the factory alarm.

The trunk trigger is operated off of your trunk domelight. It is the SMALL purple/yellow wire low in driver side kick. The larger purple/yellow is for your trunk release (relay to ground required).

Your windows run through a multiplex system so no, they will not work off of an addition channel via your alarm.

Any other questions feel free to ask or email me. I have DEI Techsoft, and Omega on hand if you need further wiring instructions. I have done quite a few alarm/remotes starts for members here on the Org, so you can actually ask them how theirs came out.....

--Don
don sort of an OT questio for you,

I have a couple of wires, red with yellow tracer, and red with purpler/blue tracer , and green, that I need to with for my I30 auto-dim mirror, do you know if these wires are all positive or not?

Kevin
Old 09-18-2002, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Kevin

don sort of an OT questio for you,

I have a couple of wires, red with yellow tracer, and red with purpler/blue tracer , and green, that I need to with for my I30 auto-dim mirror, do you know if these wires are all positive or not?

Kevin
Honestly Kevin, that I do not know. I would think that one of them would be a ground though.

--Don
Old 09-18-2002, 06:58 PM

Honestly Kevin, that I do not know. I would think that one of them would be a ground though.

--Don
forgot to mention thaqt ther is alos a black wire, that I'm pretty sure is ground. someone suggested grounding the black one and hooking the other three up to positive...oh well I'll have to go peek in my friend's i30..
Old 09-19-2002, 05:01 AM

Originally posted by Kevin

forgot to mention thaqt ther is alos a black wire, that I'm pretty sure is ground. someone suggested grounding the black one and hooking the other three up to positive...oh well I'll have to go peek in my friend's i30..
Well if hes got an I30, bring his car by, and I can test the wires to tewll you exactly what they should be hooked up to.

--Don
Old 09-19-2002, 07:13 AM

Well if hes got an I30, bring his car by, and I can test the wires to tewll you exactly what they should be hooked up to.

--Don
Cool, I drop in one day. Thanks

Kevin
Old 10-11-2002, 02:56 AM

Hi,

my name is Markus and I and I drive Nissan Maxima QX 3.0.
I `ve just read the MaxFAQs, because I am looking for a wireing diagramm for my car - here in Germany it is almost impossible to get information about this car. Then I read your article about the alarm-problem and thought you might be the right to ask.
My problem is the following:

I `d like to install a voice-module, which annonces "armed" and "disarmed" messages. The problem is that this module needs a signal that is (-) = ground when the doors are locked (or the system is is armerd by the keyless-entry). When doors are unlocked the ground signal should drop off and the disarmed-message appears. So I need a wire that hast (-)=ground when dorrs are locked and not-ground when unlocked. Most central-door-locking-system have this signal - but I don`t know if Nissan has it.
Do you have an idea ??

Thank you in advance.

Markus

PS: Sorry that my English isn`t very good. The best way to contact me is by mail: m-ederer@gmx.de