Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Any 1 got Alpine 7995 on their deck? pics please

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 12:16 AM

Any 1 got Alpine 7995 on their deck? pics please

I really like the new Alpine 7995 head unit, except for its silver color. Actually, I don't mind the silver color except that I don't think silver would look nice in a black maxima interior. Any one got 7995 on their max? Pics please!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:21 PM

Re: Any 1 got Alpine 7995 on their deck? pics please

Originally posted by Max4Good
I really like the new Alpine 7995 head unit, except for its silver color. Actually, I don't mind the silver color except that I don't think silver would look nice in a black maxima interior. Any one got 7995 on their max? Pics please!
Actually I have the opposite problem, I got the 7894 and wish it was silver with the blue lights. Go figure LOL
Old 10-01-2002, 01:24 PM

is 7995 a newer version of 7894 or is it completely different?
Old 10-01-2002, 01:35 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

you can look at www.alpine1.com for more info
Old 10-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just installed a 7893 (same silver face) in my 2002 max. I also replace the air vent above with the titanium version from the 2003. I loaned my camera to someone and will get it back friday. If no one has posted a picutre by then I will put one up.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Gray02Max
I just installed a 7893 (same silver face) in my 2002 max. I also replace the air vent above with the titanium version from the 2003. I loaned my camera to someone and will get it back friday. If no one has posted a picutre by then I will put one up.
how does it play, what kind of speakers do you have and how many watts do they have??
i'm getting the same cd player this week
Old 10-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally posted by PLNismoDriver
how does it play, what kind of speakers do you have and how many watts do they have??
I have the 7894 so the specs should be pretty similar. I have Infinity Ref's all around with a Basslink helping the low-end. Just one word to express the Alpine - WOW!

The V-Drive equipped Alpines have been tested to provide 27w per channel continuous. That's as good as it gets as far as internal amplification goes.

If you want to read my review of the /94

It's right here
Old 10-01-2002, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by soundmike

I have the 7894 so the specs should be pretty similar. I have Infinity Ref's all around with a Basslink helping the low-end. Just one word to express the Alpine - WOW!

The V-Drive equipped Alpines have been tested to provide 27w per channel continuous. That's as good as it gets as far as internal amplification goes.

If you want to read my review of the /94

It's right here
great review, i'm getting the unit on saturday, i already have infinity 652I's and i'll also be getting Basslink for my birthday in a month

thanx for ur help
Old 10-02-2002, 01:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by PLNismoDriver

I have to agree with the above review..WOW!!! I installed the 7893 with an Alpine V-12 5 channel amp (MRV-F450), the Alpine MP3 changer (CHA-S634), Infinity Perfect 6.1's in the front and Infinity 653i'2 in the rear, and one Kicker comp 10 in a sealed enclosure in the trunk. I just got done installing it and am still tuning the system (time correction, crossovers, ect). The sound is awesome!!!! I have installed many competition stereo and this is on a par with them and the cost was $1600 (with discounts) which really is not bad, especially for the way it sounds!!!
You will be very happy with the deck, its sound and flexibilty!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Sin

Originally posted by Gray02Max

I have to agree with the above review..WOW!!! I installed the 7893 with an Alpine V-12 5 channel amp (MRV-F450), the Alpine MP3 changer (CHA-S634), Infinity Perfect 6.1's in the front and Infinity 653i'2 in the rear, and one Kicker comp 10 in a sealed enclosure in the trunk. I just got done installing it and am still tuning the system (time correction, crossovers, ect). The sound is awesome!!!! I have installed many competition stereo and this is on a par with them and the cost was $1600 (with discounts) which really is not bad, especially for the way it sounds!!!
You will be very happy with the deck, its sound and flexibilty!!!
Now take a gander at this setup:

Alpine CDA-7995 Deck
Alpine MRV-F540 4 channel amp (for interior speakers, rated 87.4W x 4 at 12.4V 4 ohms from factory, with certificate verifying it)
Soundstream Reference 500SX 2 channel amp (for subs)
Peerless CSX 6.5" mids (WAY better than the Focal Polykevlars I was running previously)
Peerless Ring Dome Tweets
Custom made crossovers (made from audio grade components, mostly Solen Heptalitz and Alpha-Core air core)
JBL 15" GTi sub in a custom made
*The sub enclosure, and the cross overs were designed by an audio engineer

BTW, that's what I'm running. You just have to add about 7 sheets of dynamat, sealed doors, the majority of the plastic panels siliconed, Optima yellow top, a pair of 4 gauge wiring (one for each amp), 8 gauge wiring for the sub, 10 for the speakers, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Everytime people listen to my setup, even if they don't know the system has been modified, they ALWAYS mention "****! Sin, your system sounds awesome!" And I just smile

BTW, right now, DMB's "Everyday" album, Tonic's brand new album, are getting heavy air play. Although, I must admit, I play a lot of hard stuff like New Order's Confusion.

Maybe at the next Maxima meet in the GTA (Toronto), I'll blast some tunes.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by Sin

Now take a gander at this setup:

Alpine CDA-7995 Deck
Alpine MRV-F540 4 channel amp (for interior speakers, rated 87.4W x 4 at 12.4V 4 ohms from factory, with certificate verifying it)
Soundstream Reference 500SX 2 channel amp (for subs)
Peerless CSX 6.5" mids (WAY better than the Focal Polykevlars I was running previously)
Peerless Ring Dome Tweets
Custom made crossovers (made from audio grade components, mostly Solen Heptalitz and Alpha-Core air core)
JBL 15" GTi sub in a custom made
*The sub enclosure, and the cross overs were designed by an audio engineer

BTW, that's what I'm running. You just have to add about 7 sheets of dynamat, sealed doors, the majority of the plastic panels siliconed, Optima yellow top, a pair of 4 gauge wiring (one for each amp), 8 gauge wiring for the sub, 10 for the speakers, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Everytime people listen to my setup, even if they don't know the system has been modified, they ALWAYS mention "****! Sin, your system sounds awesome!" And I just smile

BTW, right now, DMB's "Everyday" album, Tonic's brand new album, are getting heavy air play. Although, I must admit, I play a lot of hard stuff like New Order's Confusion.

Maybe at the next Maxima meet in the GTA (Toronto), I'll blast some tunes.
Damn, that has to be one amazing setup!!!!! I have a little more work to do in the area of sound deadening. Right now only 4 sheets of extreme dynamat. I will be correcting that shortly!!! I only wish I was in your area I would love to hear that system in action. Got any pics??