Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 11:10 AM

R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Just wanted to take a moment to say rest in peace to one of the TRUE Hip Hop pioneers, before it became that cRAP music it is now. If you don't know the difference between rap music and Hip hop then you probally won't understand. May his death remind us how short life can be and to live it to the fullest.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:45 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by dat_nomad
Just wanted to take a moment to say rest in peace to one of the TRUE Hip Hop pioneers, before it became that cRAP music it is now. If you don't know the difference between rap music and Hip hop then you probally won't understand. May his death remind us how short life can be and to live it to the fullest.
AMEN. This senseless black on black crime has to stop for real. I swear guns should be banned, f*ck this right to protect yourself, its obvious guns aren't used for that anymore...

I love you dawg, you definitely made your mark on this planet and will not be forgotten.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:53 PM

Re: Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by meccanoble

AMEN. This senseless black on black crime has to stop for real. I swear guns should be banned, f*ck this right to protect yourself, its obvious guns aren't used for that anymore...

I love you dawg, you definitely made your mark on this planet and will not be forgotten.
No disrespect dude, but don't blame the guns for peoples actions. Most people who commit crimes are not getting the guns legally. The only person responsible for this is the one who pulled the trigger.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:05 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Peter Piper... 'nuff said.

I didnt read that robbery was the movitive, that said, I know they had some tough times since the 90s. I hope the circumstances of his murder dont end up overshadowing his positive contributions and great body of work.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by spta97

No disrespect dude, but don't blame the guns for peoples actions. Most people who commit crimes are not getting the guns legally. The only person responsible for this is the one who pulled the trigger.
I couldn't agree more! If you take guns from the hands of lawbiding citizens, criminals will be the only one's with them!

BTW, RIP JMJ, his contributions to the rap community were unparalleled,and he will be missed. Take a hit for Jay
Old 10-31-2002, 07:08 PM
I need a truck

Re: Re: Re: Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

i was listening to hot 97 and a guy came on and said something like "there is only 1 reason for having a gun, and thats to kill" .... guns are pointless
Old 10-31-2002, 10:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by Conrad283
i was listening to hot 97 and a guy came on and said something like "there is only 1 reason for having a gun, and thats to kill" .... guns are pointless
You're absoluetly right, and as unfortunate as it is, we cannot go back in time in order to prevent the original technology and scientific components of the first handguns from ever being created...Therefore,you can act in accordance with 99.9% of gun owners and use your weapon to kill in self-defense, or for sport, instead of that .1% that commits senseless murders and robbery on those citizens without the protection of a firearm.

I'd rather put one in an attacker's head and go home to see my fiance and daughter at the end of the night, rather than my daughter have to grow up without a father. It's not your choice to be the victim of a murder, but it is your choice to prevent one, and save yourself!
Old 11-01-2002, 06:00 AM

Re: Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by meccanoble

AMEN. This senseless black on black crime has to stop for real.
did they catch the guy who shot him? how do u know he was black? there are white people in queens too!

anyways Jay was a pillar of the hiphop community. He discovered Onyx, 50 cent, and help resurect various groups when there carrers we in the dumpsters. He will be missed but never forgotten

One Love
Peace
Old 11-01-2002, 09:19 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Yeah
it's a shame
RIP Jam Master Jay

Honestly, I never really liked RUN DMC, didn't hate them but i was neutral to their music.. but I always had respect towards them.
It's a shame this **** happened, has to be some stupid reason like robbery, those guys are too old to be gang banging..
Old 11-01-2002, 10:39 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Re: R.I.P. to Jam Master Jay

Originally posted by dat_nomad
Can we please not turn this thread into a political statement about guns, and just appreciate what Run DMC did for rap and hip-hop?

As a white guy growing up on the hard streets of Ottawa, Canada (LOL), I was introduced to rap by Run DMC. They springboarded me into my love of guys like Kurtis Blow, Just Ice, Mantronix, all that old school ish!
Rap has gone to sh*t in the past 6-7 years in my opinion. The death of pioneers like Tupac and B.I.G. put an end to the evolution of rap music in my mind. There are some good acts coming out, but nothing comparing to the Kool Moe Dees, Big Daddy Kanes and Eric B and Rakim's of old.

May Jay Rest In Peace. Much love My Brother for bringing me an awareness of a different culture and a different brand of music.

Thanks JMJ and Run DMC!
Mike
Old 11-01-2002, 10:45 AM
I'm needing a caw

Run DMC was the basis on which 99% of all rap is today. Over 15 years later, groups are still sampling their stuff and copying their style.

Those guys were truly the grandfathers of rap. Rest in peace Jay.