Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose Stereo Cassette fuse 1993

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bose Stereo Cassette fuse 1993

I have a 1993 Maxima SE with a stock Bose radio Cassette player. The radio went out followed 2 weeks later by the cassette (the radio lights and sound went out although the FM/ST remained lit and the cassette just began to sound like crap). I just want the stock system functional and have been looking at replacing the head unit that I'm assuming is bad. What years unit can I get without fancy wiring and I noticed on a unit from e-bay the his had a fuse on the back of the unit that mine is missing. It had the number 3 on it. I tried a 10A fuse but it wouldn't fit? Does anyone know about the fuse on the back? Could that be the only problem? Seems doubtful that the whole fuse could have fallen out. Is that fuse OEM or can it be replaced to try the unit.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Bose Stereo Cassette fuse 1993

Originally posted by viperboss7
I have a 1993 Maxima SE with a stock Bose radio Cassette player. The radio went out followed 2 weeks later by the cassette (the radio lights and sound went out although the FM/ST remained lit and the cassette just began to sound like crap). I just want the stock system functional and have been looking at replacing the head unit that I'm assuming is bad. What years unit can I get without fancy wiring and I noticed on a unit from e-bay the his had a fuse on the back of the unit that mine is missing. It had the number 3 on it. I tried a 10A fuse but it wouldn't fit? Does anyone know about the fuse on the back? Could that be the only problem? Seems doubtful that the whole fuse could have fallen out. Is that fuse OEM or can it be replaced to try the unit.

Thanks
I have a 93 SE.
Bose unit fried. Appears it was one of the fuses, although it was so bad, could not determine.

Contact Stereo Bob at www.carstereohelp.com
Great resource, specializes in factory systems and has an excellant reputation.