Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

This means a speaker is blown, right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 07:09 AM
I'm so hood

This means a speaker is blown, right?

Been a while since I've been in the audio forum...I really expected my velcro + superglue fuseholder job to cause me trouble before anything, but it's fine. It's one of my eclipse speakers that's a headache.

It crackles on a certain range of midrange frequencies. I took a look this weekend and wiring is fine. Seems like if I apply even slight pressure on the speaker cone near the outer edge and hold it, it sounds fine. Once I let go, sounds like crap. Couldn't detect any other anomalies. So it's blown?

Was gonna ask Don and co. about some recommendations, but wanted to get one of those hopeless second opinions.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:26 AM
mb1

make sure the wires connected to it are nice and tight, when one of my polks got loose, it was crackling also.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: This means a speaker is blown, right?

Originally posted by blizz20oma
Been a while since I've been in the audio forum...I really expected my velcro + superglue fuseholder job to cause me trouble before anything, but it's fine. It's one of my eclipse speakers that's a headache.

It crackles on a certain range of midrange frequencies. I took a look this weekend and wiring is fine. Seems like if I apply even slight pressure on the speaker cone near the outer edge and hold it, it sounds fine. Once I let go, sounds like crap. Couldn't detect any other anomalies. So it's blown?

Was gonna ask Don and co. about some recommendations, but wanted to get one of those hopeless second opinions.
I have the same problem with the one in my driver door, when i turn hard it crackels a bit its wierd, but its too cold up here in canada to take a look now...

Its probably just a slightly loose wire.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:56 PM
I'm so hood

Yea, I checked the wiring last weekend. I just had the wire twisted and wrapped through/around the terminals, so I tried putting some connecting ends on it that I had laying around, no dice. Wouldn't be the wiring at the head unit because I soldered all that.