Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

i need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 05:40 PM

i need some advice

i have a 99 with a bose and when i turn the volume up to a certain level there is some scratching coming from one of my speakers. i cant really tell where its coming from but i think its in the front door. the scratching is louder in some songs than others and i was wondering if it can be fixed?? i was thinking about replacing the bose because im not a big fan of it anyway, but if there is any way to get rid of the scratching i would do that before getting rid of everything.i know "scratching" is vague but if anyone knows what i'm talking about i appreciate the help.
thanks in advance.

-moe
Old 01-02-2003, 08:13 PM

Re: i need some advice

Originally posted by DJ Moe Green
i have a 99 with a bose and when i turn the volume up to a certain level there is some scratching coming from one of my speakers. i cant really tell where its coming from but i think its in the front door. the scratching is louder in some songs than others and i was wondering if it can be fixed?? i was thinking about replacing the bose because im not a big fan of it anyway, but if there is any way to get rid of the scratching i would do that before getting rid of everything.i know "scratching" is vague but if anyone knows what i'm talking about i appreciate the help.
thanks in advance.

-moe
If that sound is only coming from one of the speakers, it could be blown. Take the trim off the door and inspect the speaker. If it looks fine, swap it with the one on the other door. If if "scratches" again (with the new speaker in) there could be a problem with your head unit. If it goes away it could be the speaker. You can probably pick up a replacement speaker or head unit for not to much $$$ because everyone hates the Bose system and is swapping it out.

I'm in the process of switching mine out (2k3). It going along, but this has been one of the most trouble prone installs I've ever done!
Old 01-03-2003, 01:14 PM

Re: Re: i need some advice

thanks spta. yeah i think i may just get rid of the whole bose stereo im not all that satisfied with it. i want to try to stay under $125 per pair and someone recommended Pioneer's TS-A1667. any other suggestions? thanks for the help.

-moe