Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Well I know how to make it beep twice on locking, possible to beep once on unlock

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:38 PM

Well I know how to make it beep twice on locking, possible to beep once on unlock

Hey,

I posted a little while ago and found a writeup on making the car beep twice upon door lock. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it beep once upon unlock. What wire would I tap to do that? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Also: Does anyone have any suggestions for which buzzer to use? The one suggested in the writeup is kinda dumb sounding. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:15 PM
I aim to misbehave.

Re: Well I know how to make it beep twice on locking, possible to beep once on unlock

Originally posted by gepetto
Hey,

I posted a little while ago and found a writeup on making the car beep twice upon door lock. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it beep once upon unlock. What wire would I tap to do that? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Also: Does anyone have any suggestions for which buzzer to use? The one suggested in the writeup is kinda dumb sounding. Thanks.
The only thing I can think of is to maybe wire another buzzer to whatever it is that unlocks the doors, in the same fashion that you tapped into the turn signal lights.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Surely there is a wire from the power doors? Anyone know?