Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Euro taillights after market wiring harness need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Euro taillights after market wiring harness need HELP

I recently installed euro tailights on my 95 maxima. As we were putting in the last headlight, the fuse blew. We think that the wiring harness is bad because the light goes out when we touch the wires with our hands. We had to install a 30 amp in place of the 15 amp fuse so that it would stop blowing out. It was one of the fuses under the hood that we did this with. IT also blew out a 15 amp fuse in my fuse box but after replacing it, the fuse was fine. Is this really dangerous to have a 30 amp fuse instead of a 15 amp fuse? What should i do? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 AM

Re: Euro taillights after market wiring harness need HELP

Originally posted by fatkids
I recently installed euro tailights on my 95 maxima. As we were putting in the last headlight, the fuse blew. We think that the wiring harness is bad because the light goes out when we touch the wires with our hands. We had to install a 30 amp in place of the 15 amp fuse so that it would stop blowing out. It was one of the fuses under the hood that we did this with. IT also blew out a 15 amp fuse in my fuse box but after replacing it, the fuse was fine. Is this really dangerous to have a 30 amp fuse instead of a 15 amp fuse? What should i do? Thanks.
Using a larger-than-reccommended fuse increases the risk of a fire. I would think maybe the ground is bad...
Old 01-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Euro taillights after market wiring harness need HELP

Originally posted by fatkids
Is that you in the picture? Is that your car also? Thanks for responding
Old 01-21-2003, 08:59 PM

Re: Re: Euro taillights after market wiring harness need HELP

No, that's not me in the picture. She's a "friend of a friend." I'm 6'8" and not a chick. But yes, that is my car.