Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

wiring a lcd screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wiring a lcd screen

ok guys i searched and came up with nothing. anyway i`m going to wire up my 7inch microvision screen i got from redmax, but just wanted to make sure of a couple of things.
- the red wire(12volts) can i hook that up to the iginition? if so do i need to fuse it?
- there is an orange wire for (positive for turn on) where do i wire this one?
and i also have an fm modulator that has a red wire with a fuse holder for 12v power, where would i hook this to? can i hook up the lcd to the fm modulator using the same 12volts? (on the same wire?)

i`m not the best at wiring but i want to try and do this myself. so please don`t flame me.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:43 AM

You might want to check with RedMax cause the Redwire normally you want it always 12V not a switched 12V. The Orange should be hookedup to a 12V iginition source. You dont want to put the 12V Red wire on a switched cause it will lose the memory settings all the time when you turn the car off.

You want to fuse the two Red wires. And yes you can double up on them on the same source.

Dixit
Old 02-10-2003, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
You might want to check with RedMax cause the Redwire normally you want it always 12V not a switched 12V. The Orange should be hookedup to a 12V iginition source. You dont want to put the 12V Red wire on a switched cause it will lose the memory settings all the time when you turn the car off.

You want to fuse the two Red wires. And yes you can double up on them on the same source.

Dixit
thanks for the help bigdogjonx