Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Burning CD so that Bose HU will read track & title info

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 08:29 AM

Burning CD so that Bose HU will read track & title info

Does anyone know how to burn a cd such that the Bose HU (2k2 Max, in dash 6CD)will read the track and title information? It has the capabilities but very few CD's have this information. I use mostly burned CD's in my changer and would really like to take advantage of this feature.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:53 AM

Re: Burning CD so that Bose HU will read track & title info

Originally posted by 6spd_Hayes
Does anyone know how to burn a cd such that the Bose HU (2k2 Max, in dash 6CD)will read the track and title information? It has the capabilities but very few CD's have this information. I use mostly burned CD's in my changer and would really like to take advantage of this feature.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
When you burn the CD, each track has the option of supplying ID3 tag information. you need to manually type this info before burning. I have this on some of my cds too, but not all. its easy, just time consuming.

oz
Old 03-27-2003, 12:03 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Re: Re: Burning CD so that Bose HU will read track & title info

Originally posted by ozdemir

When you burn the CD, each track has the option of supplying ID3 tag information. you need to manually type this info before burning. I have this on some of my cds too, but not all. its easy, just time consuming.

oz
Agreed. Download Winamp (Free), load up your tracks that you want burned. Then right-click on each file in the playlist and go to file info. From there you have the option of updating the file information. Do it for both ID1 and ID3. You can click on a button to import from one to the other.

Pain in the butt, true. But worth it. I do this for each song I DL. I also make sure my lettering is how I want it (caps, etc.). ****, sure, but time well spent.

Mike
Old 03-27-2003, 01:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Burning CD so that Bose HU will read track & title info

do a search on google for a program called CDTAG...i use it works great
Old 03-27-2003, 06:47 PM

here is a thought

we make cd's and soundtracks for the microsoft xbox
when we first started we could not figure out why it would not read our cd. this is what we found out. the xbox does not like CD-R's. But it works everytime with CD-RW's . May sound crazy but it may be worth a try in your case ..burn the cd using a cd-rw ..
Old 03-28-2003, 08:59 AM

Not sure if this is what you're talking about too, but after you do that, using Easy CD Creator as my program, burn it as a Disc-at-Once instead of Track at once. Then select the option to the CD text on the CD. This will burn the Track titles onto the CD so that certain CD players will be able to read the titles from the wave files.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:33 AM

Thanks, but wait, there's more!!!

Thanks ozdemir, Blaxxxima, Zeks 97SE, Unibomber, and psygnius.

All of the MP3's I have and currently download are tagged with all of the ID1 & ID3 information. But none of it seems to come up on my Bose unit.

psygnius, I used to use Easy CD Creator, but all of my files are in MP3 format, and CD Creator will not rip back and forth between WAV and MP3.

Unibomber, I will look for this CDTAG program and download it.

All of you seem to burn your own CD's but how many actually have their text on the Bose?
Old 04-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Got Projectors?

Re: Thanks, but wait, there's more!!!

Originally posted by 6spd_Hayes
Thanks ozdemir, Blaxxxima, Zeks 97SE, Unibomber, and psygnius.

All of the MP3's I have and currently download are tagged with all of the ID1 & ID3 information. But none of it seems to come up on my Bose unit.

psygnius, I used to use Easy CD Creator, but all of my files are in MP3 format, and CD Creator will not rip back and forth between WAV and MP3.

Unibomber, I will look for this CDTAG program and download it.

All of you seem to burn your own CD's but how many actually have their text on the Bose?
I burn my own CDs and play them in the Bose player. I use Nero Burning Rom to burn the CDs and they always have the CD title, track title info on them. I've never done anything to make it do that, it seems that Nero does it itself.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:37 PM

You need a cd burner capable of burning text info on a soundtrack. Not many out there can do that yet. I think the Yamaha burner can do it. I haven't seen any others that can.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:19 PM

Re: Re: Thanks, but wait, there's more!!!

Originally posted by MetaOrbit

I burn my own CDs and play them in the Bose player. I use Nero Burning Rom to burn the CDs and they always have the CD title, track title info on them. I've never done anything to make it do that, it seems that Nero does it itself.
you're on the right track. you should use nero and make sure that the "CD-Text" option is turned on. nero extracts info from ID3 tags and puts them into the appropriate fields as CD-Text. if your cd-r/w doesn't support recording CD-Text, nero will not give you the option.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Are you guys burning these as audio CD's (i.e. converting MP3's back to audio)? Are you convering MP3 files to .WAV files? Are you just burning straight MP3 files onto a CD and playing those? I have a 2003 Maxima w/Bose.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:21 AM

Originally posted by graz
Are you guys burning these as audio CD's (i.e. converting MP3's back to audio)? Are you convering MP3 files to .WAV files? Are you just burning straight MP3 files onto a CD and playing those? I have a 2003 Maxima w/Bose.
I can only speak for Nero which will automatically convert the MP3 files to audio files so they can be played on any CD player.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:11 AM
CFC

I'll just pile on to this thread.
You need:
1) A CD burner that is "CD-Text" capable
2) Make sure you have "CD-Text" encoding enabled with your software.

Good Luck
Carl
Old 05-27-2003, 12:57 PM

Here's a list of drives and software that supports CD-TEXT. Not sure how up-to-date it is.
Unoffical CD-TEXT faq