Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Is everybody satisfied with their Sirius radio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 09:13 PM
yeah, i donated....so?!?

plead with them.....

Originally posted by Sirius1
Our 3 satellites travel in figure 8's over America. Their range covers about 150 miles around the perimeter of the continental US. I dont think that it would be possible. I also dont know if there are any plans to offer it in Hawaii, but it sounds like it would be well received it it was available. I will send an email to one of our engineers and try to get a firm answer.
please try and plead with the engineers. it will be well received believe me, especially in the island of oahu! there sure are a lot of military folk there with money to spend that would like better radio stations! let me know what the engineers say! thanks!

n1cK!

Old 04-09-2003, 09:58 PM

I find that hard to believe. I deal with more car stereo shops than you can imagine and I never hear that XM's sound quality is better. And on top of that, I always hear how much better our programming is.

As far as being cheaper, XM has commercials....we dont...Period.
They receive money from advertisers to cover their costs.
I agree with you that they get money for the commercials, but the commercial are few and far between. There are many stations also that are commercial free, there are no more than 5 minutes of commercials per hour anyway. I have heard both and I chose XM, but hey I am sure that sirius is cool as well. I work at best buy so I have experience with both and just thought XM fit my personal needs and wants better. I am just glad to have an alternative to regular radio.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:17 PM

DId you install it yourself? You shouldnt get any static at all. If you are, your problems arent Sirius. They are install related or your tuner on your radio is not tuning properly. What kind of radio do you have? There are adaptors that will give you line level inputs
I can't use the line level inputs cause my deck won't give me the extra source unless there is a controller attached directly to the deck (CD changer type). Why don't you guys have adapters? Many decks are similar...
Old 04-10-2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Menace

I can't use the line level inputs cause my deck won't give me the extra source unless there is a controller attached directly to the deck (CD changer type). Why don't you guys have adapters? Many decks are similar...
What type of unit do you have? There are many adaptors that give line level on a changer input.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by Gramdacious

Hey thanks for the info and hook-up. I am very pleased with the setup, have had no problems, and oh yeah...........ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT WAS FREE....there isn't too much room to bi*ch about minor details. I didn't exactly invest much. Keep on converting them (the non-sirius believers) like a christian minister in Africa.

I know the gear was free, and I have no complaints about that.

But, I'm definitely paying plenty for the service, so I feel I have a right to voice my opinions.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

I know the gear was free, and I have no complaints about that.

But, I'm definitely paying plenty for the service, so I feel I have a right to voice my opinions.
13$....Plenty? How much do you make a month?
Old 04-10-2003, 03:51 PM

Everyone is going to have opinions about censorship, play lists, repetitiveness, etc.... Bottom line, we want everyone to be happy with Sirius and have made recent changes to reach that goal. It is a challenge though....I am sure everyone has heard the saying
"You can please some people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time"

But we are trying!!! Thats why, even after the promotion ended, I posted again offering more units. My gut feeling is everyone is very happy with the service we provide and it has changed the way they listen to radio!

Thanks again for all of the support. I shipped 7 units today to Maxima.org members!
Old 04-10-2003, 04:28 PM

Everyone is going to have opinions about censorship, play lists, repetitiveness, etc.... Bottom line, we want everyone to be happy with Sirius and have made recent changes to reach that goal. It is a challenge though....I am sure everyone has heard the saying
"You can please some people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time"

But we are trying!!! Thats why, even after the promotion ended, I posted again offering more units. My gut feeling is everyone is very happy with the service we provide and it has changed the way they listen to radio!

Thanks again for all of the support. I shipped 7 units today to Maxima.org members!
Hey Sirius1,
My buddy just bought a '99 Camry(ouch!) and he loves my Sirius. Do you have anymore units that I can get to him? Much thanks,
Gramdacious
Old 04-10-2003, 04:55 PM

Yes I do. It will have to wait until Monday though. I will be out of town on business until then. Send me an email and I will send the ESN on Monday. Have a great weekend!