Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

best type of screen (mounting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

best type of screen (mounting)

I want to do the video thing.......I have seen roof mount fold downs and something that looks like a "stand mount" Being as I am going to be the main person in the car I want the view to be mainly for me. What have others done besides a dash mount? I want to use that space for a Din mount DVD/CD/VCD/MP3 player. I already have a nice alpine unit taking up 1 din height. this is also 1 din height so I've used up available space.
All help greatly appreciated.
Also what does eveyone think of the stuff being sold on eBay.....is any of it quality? What, on the adverage should I expect to pay for a good 5 to 7 inch display?
TIA
2Maximas
Old 04-16-2003, 05:46 PM

only hit the "post topic" button once damn it!
Old 04-17-2003, 05:50 AM

I did only hit it once. For your information Then it HUNG.(can't help what it does when its hung) I could have had this **** transfered to a new server, and up and running buy now. I'm still getting server BUSY! DAM!T What is the hold up????????????????????????? I have run servers that had nation wide coverage to a unix server with over a thousand users and NEVER had trouble like this. and yes I am a donating member so don't whine to me about money, cause money aint the answer.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:55 PM

You could have a custom mount made where the A/C vents are. Or maybe even somehow rig up the display between the A/C vents and the clock, but all that would have to be custom, because I haven't seen anything made for that. Other than that, I don't know where you could put a 5-7" screen and it be visible from the driver's seat (and safe too!).

And for the other 3 threads, click on them (to enter them) and check the box that says delete. Then hit the delete button. That will eliminate the extra threads.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:50 AM

I have a 5in. monitor in my car. What I did was remove the rearview mirror and hang it from there with a mounting bracket. You can see it plus everyone else. I also have a rear camera, so it also serves as a rearview mirror again that way i can switch between the camera and a movie when ever cops come around!
Old 04-18-2003, 04:55 AM

Thanks for the info on deleting the other posts, as I said I only hit the "submit" button one time, I've seen that happen before when the server hung. I'm not a newbie and have posted here allot.

Your info was appreciated!
2Maximas

Originally posted by studman
You could have a custom mount made where the A/C vents are. Or maybe even somehow rig up the display between the A/C vents and the clock, but all that would have to be custom, because I haven't seen anything made for that. Other than that, I don't know where you could put a 5-7" screen and it be visible from the driver's seat (and safe too!).

And for the other 3 threads, click on them (to enter them) and check the box that says delete. Then hit the delete button. That will eliminate the extra threads.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:40 AM

look at redmax's setup he has it in the 2 bins