Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Tv

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 11:39 AM

Tv

I have a top of the line system. I got

Alpine CDA 7969 Headunit
Infinit Kappa Perfects component set up front
and Infinit Kappa Perfects in the rear

I have 2 infinit Kappa perfects 12 inch subs and 2 12 inch Diamond subs. All in a custom incloser with a custom floor. Which is currently being redone with firberglass tee hee.

And I have two cadense amps powering it and boy does thump. I can be heard everywhere.

But now I am thinking about adding a tv headunit for some more entertainment .

I am looking for a touch screen high end telvesion headunit. That can be used as a navigation/tv/headunit. What do you guys recommend.

Brand, Model Numbers and why u recommend it?
Old 06-11-2003, 01:32 PM

my pick

others might disagree, but the screen by clarion has dvd/mp3/dvr/cdr/cdrw and a 7in touch screen. run between $1200-$1400 on ebay.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:36 PM

Duke, if you have the Alpine headunit, get an Alpine screen. I recommend the apline IVA 900 ($1900) or the CVA 1003($600). The high priced one is great cause it has the built in DVD. The CVA 1003 doesn't, but adding external DVD is a snap. Plus you can control your headunit from it.... Question, how are the in cabin speakers powered? Just by the headunit? I'm looking into getting those speakers, and I was wondering how they sound...
Old 06-11-2003, 06:16 PM

Re: my pick

Originally posted by takamine
others might disagree, but the screen by clarion has dvd/mp3/dvr/cdr/cdrw and a 7in touch screen. run between $1200-$1400 on ebay.
BOOYAH you are correct sir. mine works great i have the 925.

it doesnt play burned dvdr,cdrw, or svcd

the tv unit is an upgrade youd have to buy

Old 06-11-2003, 09:04 PM

Those speakers are da shi_t. The sound awesome the headunit that I have is a none powered headunit therefore the speakers get their power all from the amp and they sound even better. The sound is really clear I can put it up really loud and it's very clear. I get really good hi's and low's, I can't tell u the bass level cause it's tuned for no bass since i got subs.