Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

which speakers to get...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:46 AM

which speakers to get...

hey there,

i'm getting a new sound system for my 96 SE maxima (w/o bose). i've already decided on a pioneer headunit, now i'm trying to decide between 2 brands of speakers, infinity and alpine. i'm buying from circuit city and the inifinty speakers are about 80 bucks cheaper, but the guy there tells me he likes the sound quality of the alpines better. i want everything installed today cuz i'm just really anxious to get out there and crank the system up, but the alpines are out of stock and won't be arriving till tuesday, whereas the infinitys are in stock. the speaker size is 6.5" front and back.

http://www.circuitcity.com/compare.j...32%26fv%3d8559

i know it's a long-as-hell link, but that's the comparison link on circuitcity.com for the 2 sets of speakers. let me know what you guys think. thanks!
Old 08-17-2003, 11:22 AM

Re: which speakers to get...

Originally posted by soccstv
hey there,

i'm getting a new sound system for my 96 SE maxima (w/o bose). i've already decided on a pioneer headunit, now i'm trying to decide between 2 brands of speakers, infinity and alpine. i'm buying from circuit city and the inifinty speakers are about 80 bucks cheaper, but the guy there tells me he likes the sound quality of the alpines better. i want everything installed today cuz i'm just really anxious to get out there and crank the system up, but the alpines are out of stock and won't be arriving till tuesday, whereas the infinitys are in stock. the speaker size is 6.5" front and back.

http://www.circuitcity.com/compare.j...32%26fv%3d8559

i know it's a long-as-hell link, but that's the comparison link on circuitcity.com for the 2 sets of speakers. let me know what you guys think. thanks!
Well, the specs look similar. My preference would go to the Alpines because with everything else equal, I prefer silk domes to metallic domes. However, you really do need to listen to them first and decide for yourself. I'd be patient. The salesperson most likely told you he liked the Alpines better b/c they're more expensive. Even if he was telling the truth, who cares what he likes? He's not the one that has to listen to them!!

Tony
Old 08-17-2003, 01:41 PM

Re: Re: which speakers to get...

Originally posted by Tony Fernandes

Well, the specs look similar. My preference would go to the Alpines because with everything else equal, I prefer silk domes to metallic domes. However, you really do need to listen to them first and decide for yourself. I'd be patient. The salesperson most likely told you he liked the Alpines better b/c they're more expensive. Even if he was telling the truth, who cares what he likes? He's not the one that has to listen to them!!

Tony