Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 09:00 AM

Need Help Please

Everytime i turn my car off and start it back on, the dvd player did not stay in the same position, it start all over again. My question is did i wiring it wrong or its this just the problem with the cheap dvd player? If it is the dvd player, do anyone here know where or what brand and model that stay in a same position even i take the key out of the ignition

thanks
Old 10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

the audiovox din size one should keep the memory with no power i think cc sells it for 200$ but you could probobly get it somwhere else for less
Old 10-02-2003, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jkyi30
Everytime i turn my car off and start it back on, the dvd player did not stay in the same position, it start all over again. My question is did i wiring it wrong or its this just the problem with the cheap dvd player? If it is the dvd player, do anyone here know where or what brand and model that stay in a same position even i take the key out of the ignition

thanks
Would help if you told us what DVD player you have. Also, look to see if the other settings are saved. Like aspect ratio preference and languages. If not, then yes you probably wired it wrong.

I know most of the name brand players will remember the position.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:57 PM

the dvd player is some brand call vizual logic. Thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sounds like the wire that is supposed to be hooked to a constant 12V you probably have it going to ignition. Definately check your power wires, let us know how you hooked it up.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:11 AM

Thanks. I didn't do the hooked up my self, so i dont really know. But I will ask the installer and check to see just to make sure.