Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Delphi "Roady"..Any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Banned

Delphi "Roady"..Any comments?

http://www.xmradio.com/roady/

I was looking at giving this as a gift and wanted to see if any one out there is using it? Any comment?

Jeff K.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:11 PM

I dont have it but i do sell them at circuit city. Its a great idea but it can only play through a cassette player which many people no longer have. But if they are one of the few it is a great gift idea i sell sattelite radio setups left and right. It is becoming very popular.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaxZ71
I dont have it but i do sell them at circuit city. Its a great idea but it can only play through a cassette player which many people no longer have. But if they are one of the few it is a great gift idea i sell sattelite radio setups left and right. It is becoming very popular.
MaxZ71, but is the sound quality any good after passing through the pickup head on that (old technology analog) cassette player?

Assuming that most of us that have Boss would like to keep the head unit, what is the best way to go and get the best quality with the minium effort? I see someone here suggesting the Shuttle (no wires).

At this point I can go XM or Sirus, don't care, but I do want the best quality sound that I can get (and would be paying for). Thanks.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:58 PM

I would go with the audiovox portable unit it has an FM modulator built it so it only has to be near the radio to work. All you would need to get is the reciever and the car kit(with built in FM modulator). This unit sounds pretty good.