Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

New Pioneer Speakers with old Bose system

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Pioneer Speakers with old Bose system

Hi all. I am new on this forum. I have a 1995 maxima SE with the Bose system. A while ago one of the front speakers started to get worse, the basses did not come out right. I have decided to change the front speakers and bought a pioneer speakers (2-way). When buying the speakers at the store they told me that they can install it for me or i can do it my self. I asked is it difficuilt and the dealer told me that it is difficult, because i have a bose system. They told me that it will take an hour and that the new speakers should be somehow connected with the Bose amp itself which located uner the carpet. So i bought the speakers and the store installed. It took about 10-15 minutes for them to install the pioneer speakers. I asked the guy that I was told in store that the speakers should be connected to the amp. He replied that they are wrong and that he finished with installing. I am new at this and don't really know much about electronics. Please if you know tell me, do the speakers have to be connected to the Bose amp ? Maybe the Bose amp should somehow be adjusted or setup with the new speakers ? Is it difficult to do it my self ? Where is the excact location of the Bose amp in maxima ? Am I missing anything else ?

Thanks
Serg
Old 10-20-2003, 06:34 PM

simply put, you CANNOT upgrade just the speakers in a Bose system.

last i checked in ALL 95-99 maximas the Bose amps are located at each speaker!! i think you need to find a real shop that knows what the hell they are talking about

Ant