Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

audio question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 11:41 PM
bennny

audio question

ok so i was wondering, is it worth replacing my inside bose speakers with aftermarket ones such as pioneer? If so wat kind of aftermarkets would you recommend me getting..? i already removed my bose headunit and put in a pioneer deh-7500...I dont regret it for a second, im skeptical about switching the speakers up however and i would like some input. Thanks

Old 12-28-2003, 12:38 AM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ok.....well for starters, its an audio question, so why isnt it in the audio section? Also, your system set up makes no sense. The bose head unit doesnt amplify at all, each individual speaker has its own amp. So by removing the stock head unit, and putting in an amplifying head unit, you are amplifying sound going to amplified speakers...it wouldnt work. Also, that means you would need to remove the stock speaker amps, or to rewire around them.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:01 AM
bennny

well instead of telling me my setup makes no sense maybe you should realize that i said nothing about my bose head unit amplifying my speakers or buying the pioneer strictly for trying to "amp" my inside speakers, i already knew that the speakers had amplifiers, i have two 15's in my trunk, i was simply asking for the people that already have switched out their bose speakers if they would recommend doing so, or if they had regretted doing it in the first place, people come from many different views. However on the forum topic, your right. I didnt know there was an audio section :-/

Old 12-28-2003, 02:23 AM
Accelero

I actually just replaced my factory speakers in the front this morning (4am), and it was a pain in the ***. To take the front two out, you gotta take off the door panals on each side. Its pretty easy after you figure the first one out, but its still a pain. The back ones you have to take the whole back seat out to get to them. I think its worth it, I replaced mine with Infinity Reference 6 1/2's. They sound real damn nice.

www.carstereohelp.com <-- this site has full diagrams of how to take off your panals and remove your seat.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:25 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

instead of being stupid bennny, you could have explained your system. your loss