Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Anti-Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anti-Warranty?

I remember reading a while back when a post went off in a tangent, and a fellow .orger said he felt companies should not offer warranties after the sale of their products. Must I say this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Case in point: over the last few weeks my sub has been going in and out intermittently. I had an appointment to the stereo shop where I bought the system, but then canceled it because the sub came back on. It happened again, so I made another appointment. Today I went to the shop and they found that the tin speaker wire attached at the base of the sub inside the basket had snapped. I purchased all equipment August 2002, and the sub was clearly out of its 1 year warranty. The shop was nice enough to send my damaged sub off, and give me a new one minus the $15 shipping charge. My worst nightmare was that I would have to purchase a new sub, but thanks to the WARRANTY, I was given a new one. Mind you, the amps are on their own amp rack, and I cant even get to the gains, nor would I know what I was turning, so there was no misuse or abuse with overpowering. From what I understand of the matching of the amp and sub specifications, it could handle a lot more than what I was giving it. THANKS JL AUDIO!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Cheesing away...

I'm greatful for warranties. I had to take my Panasonic cd/mp3 headunit in for problems that I was having with it. It's still in the shop, but I just turned it in a few days ago. Now I know it's probably going to be there for a while, but at least I don't have to pay for something that the company should have the responsibility for.