Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Please Help! 00 Door Panel Removal.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:20 PM

Please Help! 00 Door Panel Removal.

I need some help, (a write up would rock), with removing the door panels in the 00. I know there is one screw in the finger part of the door panel but know there most be more hidden.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what a coincidence..i just removed my passneger door panel today to check to see if my speaker was blown..it wasn't, fortunately

anyway, try to navigate thru this link
www.carstereohelp.com

i'd give u the exact link, but it's down rite now..i'll post it up later when it's running

from what i remember..this is what u gotta do

1. in the black plastic handle, u gotta remove the black cover with a flathead screwdriver..then use a phillips head to remove the screw inside. remove the black piece, and set all 3 things aside..

2. remove that long plastic piece containing ur power window and power door lock buttons. don't use a flat head screwdriver for this part, as it will likely damage the edges of the piece. to pry in there, i used thin cardboard (like the dividers u find in boxes of tea bags..)..cereal boxes would work fine as well. so just fold up a small piece of cardboard, to about the thickness of a flathead screwdriver (or whatever u see fit). pry it open, starting with the end closer to the rear seats. get that side out first, and then wedge out the front.

3. now u gotta disconnect the harnesses going to the power door and window. you should see a giant black cable and the split ends to that cable, one going into each power feature. i couldn't get just the white/gray harness out for some reason for either of them, so after some trouble, i was able to get out the entire button scheme that is there for both. it's a really tight fit, i didn't want to use a flathead screwdriver to get it out, but i had to..luckily, i didn't snap anything, and be careful not to. once u get both harnesses out, set aside the plastic cover piece

4. now, on ur door panel, the portion that's near the side mirror, ther'es a small circular cover (bigger than the one u found in Step 1 that covered the first screw). u can pop this out pretty easily, and use a phillips head to take out the screw. set those two pieces aside as well

5. take out that plastic elliptical ring surrounding the door handle/lock. for some reason it took a while for me to do this. just use ur cardboard piece to wedge inbetween and get it out slowly. it has like 3-4 clips around the circumfrence of the ellipse, i ended up snapping a part of one of the pins cuz i kinda got ****ed off and rushed it..anyway, set that piece aside

6. now, u take out the door panel. there's should be 6 clips holding it in..on the bottom of the door panel, there's this rectangular opening (im guessin it's meant as a starter point).. depending on which door panel ur pulling off, there's one clip right next to it. for passenger side the clip will be directly to the right of the hole, for driver's side, the clip will be directly to the left of the hole. to undo the clips, i used a flat head screwdriver, being careful not to mess up the edges of the door panel. just work ur way around the perimeter of the panel, and u'll hear loud clicks letting u know a clip is undone. u'll know once the door panel is loose, as it will separate itself from the door. just lift up a little bit, play around with it, and it'll come off

7. lastly, u gotta take out the harness going in for the small door light. the harness is easy to take out, but u gotta do it while ur holding the entire panel.

8. yeah..that's it

if, by the time u read this, go back to www.carstereohelp.com to see if it's up. they got pictures to go along with each step.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Cheesing away...

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax3FSpk.htm