Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Pioneer HU/ CDT Audio Speaker Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 04:39 PM

Pioneer HU/ CDT Audio Speaker Install Questions

Hey, I just ordered 2 pairs of CDT speakers, and a Pioneer head unit for my 98 non-bose max. For the headunit, I got the Pioneer DEH-750MP. For speakers, I got the CDT CL-61 (components) for the front, and the CDT CL-6x for the rear. I also have 40 feet of 18 gauge wire from Walmart. Few questions:

1. What wire connecters will I need for the speakers connecting to the head unit and wires?

2. Will the Pioneer DEH750MP fit in the space once the stock head unit is out? Also, will I need a mounting kit?

3. Does anyone have a antenna adapter that they would reccomend?

4. Any install pointers for a first time install? (I will have help from friends who have done installs).

5. Anyone who has installed these speakers (eh hem SLICKRICK ), any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

-Rich
Old 01-29-2004, 04:55 PM

nice speaker wire

1. i used the blue connectors found right by the car audio section at walmart. for the speaker wire to cdt midbass drivers i used the red connectors, i think their female connectors.

2. yes you need a dash kit. my stock h/u was a ***** to get out. have fun.
i like the metra dash kit i have. i can get pix and email them to you. for $13 its great imo.

3. it can be found at CC or BB. doesnt matter, its just an adapter. should be $13 tops

4. dont get frustrated and quit. it took me a looong time but i got it done and its damn worth it to do it yourself.

5. i needed a mounting kit for my speakers for the front because i didnt use the stock ones with the speaker in it. they can be had for like $12 at BB, CC. i got a 1" kit. the rears are easy, do them last. i used the stock speakerwire for those.

any questions just holla. i have a ton of exams, essays but im always on here. its addicting. you like the magnets on those components dont u?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:54 PM

Where did you get your dash kit? Pics would be great.

I will check out Walmart for the connecters and Best Buy for the other stuff. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:41 PM

same exact setup as me except mine was replacing a bose headunit. i got the dash kit from wal mart which i dont recommend since my headunit and stuff is not flush. it is a little recessed but i dont know if its because of the kit or the design. no big deal to me but i have a 1/4 inch gap in between my hu and pocket underneath. also i cant put the silver trim thing around it. you can get the antenna adapter and wiring harness from wal mart. it shouldnt run you more than about $20 for the antenna adapter and wiring harness.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by R5a7B
Where did you get your dash kit? Pics would be great.

I will check out Walmart for the connecters and Best Buy for the other stuff. Thanks for the input.

from autotys.com. BB,CC may even have them, id do that to save time. ill work on getting my roomates digicam.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:18 PM

Did you rewire everything?

I'll check Best Buy for the kit too.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:24 PM

Did you rewire everything?

I'll check Best Buy for the kit too.
if your talking about the speakers i ran new speaker wire for my front components.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 PM

Yea, speaker wire. Did you only do it to the fronts? How hard was it to do? Did you have a diagram or anything?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:32 PM

Yea, speaker wire. Did you only do it to the fronts? How hard was it to do? Did you have a diagram or anything?

yeah just the fronts. well in my 2k2 the hole where the stock wire goes i could not fit the wire. i drilled a hole in the door, and in the car and ran the wire. then i taped up the wire with electrical tape so it looks better. if u have IM or something hit me up @ MJSPTK if u wanna chat about it.