Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Interior LED lights...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Interior LED lights...

I dont own a Maxima... Wait dont ban me or flame me! My friend does, does that count?

Anyway, I own a Corvette. I was searching around for LEDs to change my interior lights to all blue to match the blue neons I have lighting the floor and amp rack. I stumbled accross your site and found a thread about doing just this and read up on it. Just wanted to say thanks and was happy to see other people doing this as well. Fun to play around with the car. Most people think Im nuts for considering doing this but I like to play around with the little stuff.

I dont think anyone at my home corvetteforum.com have done this yet...

One question though what would be a good MCD for the lights? What about wavelength? (Guess thats 2 questions) Thanks again for the post and if you have any other help on it please reply.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by SlumpinC5
I dont own a Maxima... Wait dont ban me or flame me! My friend does, does that count?

Anyway, I own a Corvette. I was searching around for LEDs to change my interior lights to all blue to match the blue neons I have lighting the floor and amp rack. I stumbled accross your site and found a thread about doing just this and read up on it. Just wanted to say thanks and was happy to see other people doing this as well. Fun to play around with the car. Most people think Im nuts for considering doing this but I like to play around with the little stuff.

I dont think anyone at my home corvetteforum.com have done this yet...

One question though what would be a good MCD for the lights? What about wavelength? (Guess thats 2 questions) Thanks again for the post and if you have any other help on it please reply.

hehe i dont have a maxima either, hence my screen name...anyway..the wavelength is the color...and for MCD, i say bewteen 2000 and 5000 is pretty damn bright
Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by friendhasmax
hehe i dont have a maxima either, hence my screen name...anyway..the wavelength is the color...and for MCD, i say bewteen 2000 and 5000 is pretty damn bright

Cool... I wanna keep it about the normal brightness. Just like stock just a change in the color.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:47 PM

www.superbrightleds.com

they make 194 wedge bulbs LEDs and just about every automotive bulbs in premade plug-and-play LED bulbs. They also sell LEDs by themselves
Old 02-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Nismo
www.superbrightleds.com

they make 194 wedge bulbs LEDs and just about every automotive bulbs in premade plug-and-play LED bulbs. They also sell LEDs by themselves

Looking to replace the lights in the power windows switch console.

Already did the interior floor and map lights. But thanks anyway
Old 03-02-2004, 11:49 AM

hey man

This is tricky... what color blue do you like better?

470nm wavelength gives a sky blue
463nm is nearing true true blue (as far as i'm concerned)
430nm gives an awesome blue/purlish tint... Probably the nicest color you can find.

as for mCd's... this is tricky...

the higher the number the brighter the led will be, BUT, the less area it will cover... It's gonna be more spot light effect.

If you can find a nice tradeoff where it's around 430nm and the angle is greater than 30 degrees and the mcd is around 1000mCd's and up, your set hehe