Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Really dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:03 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Really dumb question

I ordered some speaker covers from Woofers Inc. online, and I got them no problem.

HOwever, here is my dumb 'noob' question. WHen I got them, the covers had this plastic wrap on them, that seemed to be between the grille part and a cover.

There are no holes in the actual top of the cover, but there are holes underneath (it seems to be a 2-piece grille). Am I supposed to be able to pull these apart, then drill the bottom part on, and then stick the top piece on the top of it to hide the holes, or is this the way it is supposed to be (i.e. I have to drill my own holes through the top piece, and leave the plastic between them).

I know this is hard to describe / visualize, and I don't have a pic handy of them...

anyone have any previous experience with grille covers to enlighten this guy?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blaxxxima
I ordered some speaker covers from Woofers Inc. online, and I got them no problem.

HOwever, here is my dumb 'noob' question. WHen I got them, the covers had this plastic wrap on them, that seemed to be between the grille part and a cover.

There are no holes in the actual top of the cover, but there are holes underneath (it seems to be a 2-piece grille). Am I supposed to be able to pull these apart, then drill the bottom part on, and then stick the top piece on the top of it to hide the holes, or is this the way it is supposed to be (i.e. I have to drill my own holes through the top piece, and leave the plastic between them).

I know this is hard to describe / visualize, and I don't have a pic handy of them...

anyone have any previous experience with grille covers to enlighten this guy?

Thanks,
Mike

lol, yeah its hard to describe but if it has holes trying pulling it off to drill them in then put them on? if they dont come apart easy maybe their not supposed to come off?