Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I Need A Cd Player!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 08:32 PM

I Need A Cd Player!!!

i have a 99 maxima...GXE...which means no cd player....i don't want to spend a lot on an aftermarket one...so i wuz wondering if anyone had there stock cd player from there SE or GLE...i found one on ebay...but they sed it has an error while playing cd....so like..yah...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465740214

that's the site..if anyone knows how to fix that...or if sumone has one lying around...lemme know!! thanx
Old 03-14-2004, 10:34 PM

Dude, just go aftermarket. If their is one thing that car companies have never figured out how to master, its the stereo (except high end luxury cars). For $100, you can get a stereo that blows the doors off any factory stereo aside from the bose units (which you couldn't install in your car anyway without alot of fabrication). I spent ~$200 on my kenwood unit and love it. I put alot of research into anything I buy over $50, and my stereo is no exception. It plays MP3's, has the highest RMS wattage aside from alpines, and has a wonderful muticolor display. It even makes sound adjustments for what size speakers you have in your car!

My suggestion if you're not in too much of a hurry: Get a catalog from crutchfield to learn the basics about stereos, and see the latest equipment they offer. Don't just go buy something because you should get as much as possible with your money. Figure out what you want out of a stereo, and buy accordingly. By the way, don't just trust one of the salesmen at Circuit City or Best Buy because they just want to sell you something. Educate yourself on a basic level so that no one takes you for a ride. A little research goes a long way. Sorry to rant, but I'm an enthusiast.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:54 PM

I think with a Bose Head unit, that you would also need to get bose speakers with the built in amps. Probably not cost efficient unless you get them out of a wrecked Max for cheap or unless you buy a compete system from someone who is taking the Bose out of his car. You could consider the optional GXE/SE cd/tape double din that was like 120 watts, for a cheap headunit. But, it would probably be better to get a decent single din CD head unit, and get some up graded speakers. Otherwise check and see how much the Bose HU would cost before buying, I think the error code is a common problem, and people probably now how much it costs to fix-I think there are some web based Bose repair sites.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 PM

ahh...k..thanx ppl...