Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

will i have a problem with my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 06:05 AM

will i have a problem with my setup?

This is what i am planning to do for my system. I was wondering if i would have any problems with this setup.

HU: deh-p2500 ( 1 rear preamp output)
front: cdt cl-61a components
rear: KEN KFC1679IE 6.5'' 2 way speakers
amp: I want to get a 2 channel amp to power the front components. Not sure wut kinda of amp i need. Would the 1 preamp output cause a problem?
Old 04-16-2004, 06:45 AM

with that cd player the rca outputs are for the rear speakers. technically it will work. but you would be better of making sure you get a amp with speaker level imputs and do it that way. a little more wiring that way.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by thekenone
with that cd player the rca outputs are for the rear speakers. technically it will work. but you would be better of making sure you get a amp with speaker level imputs and do it that way. a little more wiring that way.

im pretty much a noob when it comes to audio.. Can u get a little more into detail?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:56 AM

you could consider this:
run the rear pre-out to your 2-channel amp and then have that amp power the front speakers.
then you could hook up the rear speakers to the front speaker outputs.
the only problem you'd have is if you use the fader. the front would actually be the rear and vice versa.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by djslinkyz
you could consider this:
run the rear pre-out to your 2-channel amp and then have that amp power the front speakers.
then you could hook up the rear speakers to the front speaker outputs.
the only problem you'd have is if you use the fader. the front would actually be the rear and vice versa.

i see what u mean. so basically i do a regular install but i have to run new wires from the hu to the rear speakers right? i also drew a little diagram on my install. does it look right?

http://www.geocities.com/zsniperz/la...?1082131275125
Old 04-16-2004, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by xelementx
i see what u mean. so basically i do a regular install but i have to run new wires from the hu to the rear speakers right? i also drew a little diagram on my install. does it look right?

http://www.geocities.com/zsniperz/la...?1082131275125
Naw man, you don't need to run new wires to the rear speakers. If you are not amplifying them, just use the stock wiring.

The front speaker, though, should use new wires.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:59 PM

hey kojiro, this is wayy ot, but can you either post the how to on the rear deck removal here or in the sticky section?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:07 AM

i can't believe i didn't think of this earlier, but this is a better solution:

don't even use the rear pre-outs at all. use the stock wiring for the rear speakers.
get a line out converter for the front speaker outputs to convert them to RCA outputs. then hook that up to the amp.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:09 PM

his best be would be to run a line out converter right from the hu. the converter will change the 2 speaker wires into the rca's that you need. then run those rca's to the amp. any way u go u will have to run new wires for the fron't speakers. to make it easier for yourself you could put the amp underneath one of the seats. less wire to have to run.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:56 AM

I would use the pre-outs for the amp to power the front speakers and bridge the stock wiring from the hu to power the rears. Or you could just run all the speakers off the amp buy running them parallel, by doing this you will have to run a seperate wire from the front speakers to the rear, this will raise your ohms but will work also.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by slickrick
hey kojiro, this is wayy ot, but can you either post the how to on the rear deck removal here or in the sticky section?
I don't really have a "how-to" but I do have some pics I took to help anyone out who is going to do it:
Clicky
Old 04-18-2004, 07:27 PM

thanks man!
Old 04-18-2004, 10:18 PM

Have you bought the HU yet? If not, consider another with more preouts...they will provide the cleanest sound.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DerekJ212
Have you bought the HU yet? If not, consider another with more preouts...they will provide the cleanest sound.
I would buy it if i had more $$ =(. But yesterday, i went to my ex gf house for a big party. Her uncle was getting rid of his audio stuff. He was selling mb quarts 5 1/4 componets(new), 2 rockford subs(new),2 sony amps (used)(2 way,4way+equlizer), and a Capacitor(used)(sumthing about storing sound for bass?) He said if i was interested, he can sell everything to me for $200. I though wow sounds nice even though 2 "sony" amps..... =(. But hey seemed like a good deal. So now im planning to install ALL of this in the car.

New plan is 2 channel amp for the mb quarts in the front, and the 4 channel amp for the subs. and i dunno wut to do with the capacitor since i dunno how to used it. My only problem is that my HU only has a set of rear preouts. Is it POSSIBLE to do all this with my current HU?

Last question- rca,remote,power goes to the amp, and i ASSUME that i put speaker wires from the amp and wire it to the front crossover for the components????? or do i just install it and use the wire from the old speakers.

sorry for all the newbie questions. i have never dealt with audio. thanks for everyones help
Old 04-19-2004, 04:11 PM

Have you thought of selling some of those items and using the profits for a better HU? You can do it but it will not sound great...

Derek