Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Stinger Cap? Having a problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Stinger Cap? Having a problem.

Hey guys. I have a Stinger 1.0 Fared cap on my system. 2 12" Alpine Type R's with a Coustic 800 watt amp. I hook the cap up and it constantly beeps. Its digital. It turns on when i turn the car on and reads 17.5. Then Ill drive and let the bass hit and its constantly beeping and I look at it and it says 19.5 and like the digital part is like going crazy. I wired it right, Power from battery to Cap to Amp. Then Have a seperate Ground from the Cap to the Metal I cleaned and grounded in the trunk.

I dont understand what the problem is. I have a Volt Meter in my car and its at 14 volts. Moves to 12volts when the Bass Hits. I called the Tech Line at Stinger and the guy told me when it beeps it means its getting low volts from the car and the cap is working harder then it should and im like WTF? I dont understand, then he told me that my car might have a really old Battery and I need to get a new one. I have a Midas battery on the car, but I dont understand this. It works fine because it reads 14 volts on my Volt meter when Im driving. Can anyone help me out in this situation its really making me mad. I just completly disconnected the cap. I have 8 gauge power and ground wires. So I bought Stinger 4 Guage Power and Ground Wires and a new Stinger Fuse Holder all coming soon. Im trying to update all this stuff so I can figure out what the problem is. Im not 100% Knowledage about systems so If someone can help me with this Cap situation would be great, maybe someone also with a stinger cap. Thanks alot.

Nick
Old 04-22-2004, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by JetBlackMax
Hey guys. I have a Stinger 1.0 Fared cap on my system. 2 12" Alpine Type R's with a Coustic 800 watt amp. I hook the cap up and it constantly beeps. Its digital. It turns on when i turn the car on and reads 17.5. Then Ill drive and let the bass hit and its constantly beeping and I look at it and it says 19.5 and like the digital part is like going crazy. I wired it right, Power from battery to Cap to Amp. Then Have a seperate Ground from the Cap to the Metal I cleaned and grounded in the trunk.

I dont understand what the problem is. I have a Volt Meter in my car and its at 14 volts. Moves to 12volts when the Bass Hits. I called the Tech Line at Stinger and the guy told me when it beeps it means its getting low volts from the car and the cap is working harder then it should and im like WTF? I dont understand, then he told me that my car might have a really old Battery and I need to get a new one. I have a Midas battery on the car, but I dont understand this. It works fine because it reads 14 volts on my Volt meter when Im driving. Can anyone help me out in this situation its really making me mad. I just completly disconnected the cap. I have 8 gauge power and ground wires. So I bought Stinger 4 Guage Power and Ground Wires and a new Stinger Fuse Holder all coming soon. Im trying to update all this stuff so I can figure out what the problem is. Im not 100% Knowledage about systems so If someone can help me with this Cap situation would be great, maybe someone also with a stinger cap. Thanks alot.

Nick

so the power cable from the battery is going to the positive terminal on the cap, and the amp's positive is connected to that same terminal on the cap? and the negative is grounded to the chassis?
Old 04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes. Darn thing still buzzes, says like 19 something. I called Stinger again, they said its getting to much power, I dont understand that one heh
Old 04-22-2004, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by JetBlackMax
Yes. Darn thing still buzzes, says like 19 something. I called Stinger again, they said its getting to much power, I dont understand that one heh
id take a volt meter and test the voltage of the cap with the car on...if ur volt meter reads 14 volts then u probably have a defective digital monitor on ur cap...it's a possibility