Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Put inline audio adapter in 2K2 w/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Put inline audio adapter in 2K2 w/Navi

I have a Dell 20Gig MP3 Jukebox and got the Transcast kit which includes a great mounting arm and charging cradle and FM Transmitter.
However the FM transmitter stuff is awful. It sounded very FM (almost AM) ish. Just like I've heard everyone say here for months!

I searched and found the part mentioned in another post from Soundgate that does a conversion from the Bose system to an Alpine CD Changer (you have to unplug your Bose CD Changer) and then another adapter that connects from the Soundgate to RCA jacks. I wired it in last night and what a huge difference!!!!!!
It's like having 9000 songs in your CD changer. Although you pick the songs from your Dell not from the Bose. I don't think I'll miss the CD changer at all.

Best part is, Soundgate is supposed to come up with an adapter (some wiring involved) in a month or so that gives you a video RCA jack from the Navi screen.
If I do take advantage of that then I'll have an inline DVD setup with my portable (stylishly mounted).

Thanks to all of those that brought up posts in the past about doing this.

Best Mod in a while!