Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Installed AOEM-NIS2 and results aren't all that great

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Installed AOEM-NIS2 and results aren't all that great

First of all - i have been using PAC SNI-35 high-low line converter on my stock BOSE system for over a year and i was really happy with the sound
I'm running 200W Pioneer amp with 12" Blaupunkt woofer in sealed box
The sound wasn't all that clear - but the whole set up was boomin' !!!

Now i've installed AOEM-NIS2 kit and sound is much cleaner but the boomin' effect isn't there - I have the GAIN turned pretty much all the way up and she is barely hitting. With the line converter i had the Gain right at normal -half way ) and the ports on line converter were half way up as well.

I think this AOEM-NIS2 kit gives clean-unamplified signal straight from head unit and before i've tapped into rear speakers after the signal was already amplified thus stronger signal was goin to the amp.

the AOEM-NIS2 has four ports to adjust the level of the signal - but i don't want to mess with those since the signal to the interior speaker will increase and it might throw off the balance of sound inside the car.

The box for AOEM-NIS2 says that: " This 4 channel interface will allow the stereo's output to be adjusted to the input requirements of the new amplifier,providing 2:1 gain and INFINITE ATTENUATION.

what is "inifinte attenution" ????

someone with similar set-up please shine some light here....
Do i need bigger amp with wider range of GAIN adjustability?

thanks

Nick.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

update;
I just realized how much worse this set-up sounds - The AOEM-NIS2 increases the high tones - well beyond capability of stock tweeters - when the volume is turned up the tweeters are echoing and simply AOEM-NIS2 distorts the signal.

looks like i might come back to previous set up or scrape the bose for good...

Nick.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Curb Rash Repair 100 a wheel

your right about the un amped clearner sound that the PAC produces.....when i changed mine i had a much cleaner signal....but i did not experience the non-hitting that you have, im thinking it is becuase of the amp. im running a polk audio 400 watt RMS 4 CH amp and a mono block amp 500W. It hits the same, but more clear highs and mids, this is also after a speaker upgrade as well, i used infinity....i never heard the bose HU and Speakers w/PAC and after market amp. you cant really produce high highs with the bose speakers. also maybe check your rcas and harness plugs on the pac to make sure they are all the way in.