Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

5th gen clean look T.V. in center console?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 07:58 PM

clean look T.V. in center console?

Was wonderin where I could find a thread for putting a a clean lookin T.V. in the centerconsole? Would like to see a few setups and price ranges.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Cletus

nothing against you in perticular but questions like this **** me off. it happens all the time.
instead of figuring something out themselves people just want to use someone elses idea..... someone who had enough ingenuity to figure something out for themselves.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:31 PM

sorry man

Sorry soonerfan, love everything u contribute to the forum except ur attitude.
Sorry I have a life outside of my maxima. I thought this was the whole idea of the forum so we could share ideas. I guess I was wrong sooner fan. U'll prob read this within 30 sec of me posting it, lol.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Mauja He Mauja

well said bobby. sonner, common be nice to ppl. you were a once as well
Old 09-23-2004, 09:48 PM

You mean something like this:

On a side note, I found someone on eBay using my picture to sell the headunit and they conveniently decided not to respond to my email about it. The auction is located at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5721220470
Old 09-23-2004, 09:56 PM

or even better....Like this?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:34 PM

looks good

Thanx for the replies, they look good and very clean.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Suspension Yoda

or this

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~nbalani...s/DSC00113.JPG
Old 09-24-2004, 06:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i like that a lot DJ...what feeds that? a dvd/cd/radio?
Old 09-24-2004, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by bobby.cim
Sorry soonerfan, love everything u contribute to the forum except ur attitude.
Sorry I have a life outside of my maxima. I thought this was the whole idea of the forum so we could share ideas. I guess I was wrong sooner fan. U'll prob read this within 30 sec of me posting it, lol.

Bobby I agree with you, that is the point of a forum. WHY TRY TO RE-INVENT THE WHEEL. Anyway I will try to post pics of my Navi unit soon.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

if i was a soonerfan id be miserable and nasty too. lol.. i agree with the rest of you guys.. i thought this website was for helping out others and giving ideas and most of all being cool to fellow max owners....
Old 09-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Cletus

ok let me explain this better......
i agree that this forum is to help people out and get help (my car wont start, what should i do?)
and even get some advice on mods.
there is a diffirence between "reinventing the wheel" and having a maxima that is actually unique and doesnt look like everyone elses.
you all know this is true - there is a percentage of people on here that cant think for themselves and dont contribute. they just take from the forum and dont have anything done to their car that they thought of. they get all their ideas on here.
so it bugs me when people come on here and say stuff like - "would these rims look good?" "should i get this intake?" "do these pants make my @ss look fat?"
you dont need everyone one on here to make your decisions and tell you what to do. if that was the case i would have changed my "hubcaps" long ago and dropped my car.
so to summarize...ill tell you how to change your climate control to blue, how to do a hyperground, how to change a TCM, etc
but if i had the cleanest screen mounted in my console...i wouldnttell anyone!!!
if i had an intake that worked better then anything else...i wouldnt tell anyone!!!
if i had done something to my intake manifold....ditto

ok im done
Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
ok let me explain this better......
i agree that this forum is to help people out and get help (my car wont start, what should i do?)
and even get some advice on mods.
there is a diffirence between "reinventing the wheel" and having a maxima that is actually unique and doesnt look like everyone elses.
you all know this is true - there is a percentage of people on here that cant think for themselves and dont contribute. they just take from the forum and dont have anything done to their car that they thought of. they get all their ideas on here.
so it bugs me when people come on here and say stuff like - "would these rims look good?" "should i get this intake?" "do these pants make my @ss look fat?"
you dont need everyone one on here to make your decisions and tell you what to do. if that was the case i would have changed my "hubcaps" long ago and dropped my car.
so to summarize...ill tell you how to change your climate control to blue, how to do a hyperground, how to change a TCM, etc
but if i had the cleanest screen mounted in my console...i wouldnttell anyone!!!
if i had an intake that worked better then anything else...i wouldnt tell anyone!!!
if i had done something to my intake manifold....ditto

ok im done
Just a sec...

There is a difference between "I'm lazy, tell me how do do _____" and "what have others done so I can get an idea of what route I want to take." I think you jumped down this guys throat at the wrong time.

Especially with a high dollar items like putting TVs in your car. If it were "which light bulb?" maybe your point would be a little more valid. People should go spend the $5 on diffent bulbs and find out. So, I do agree with you that certain things people should attack themselves because I like to take my car apart and see how things work and how I can improve upon or make something work with existing hardware (my iPod install for example).

I also agree about "which wheels" (which I was guilty of once, only in the SE forum with my buddies) and other cosmetic things that are purely preference decisions. Mostly people here could care less about wheel weight and just want people to tell them what to get.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
is the bottom 1/2 done yet where you put the HU? or is it still all opened up...that looks nice.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:30 AM

nothing against you in perticular but questions like this **** me off. it happens all the time.
instead of figuring something out themselves people just want to use someone elses idea..... someone who had enough ingenuity to figure something out for themselves.
The majority of people on the org take other peoples ideas and put them to use on their own cars i.e. the mille rims. etc. No offense but you came off looking like an ***. there is only really two or three ways you can mount an indash screen i think he was just curious to see what it looked like. I think alot of us on the org loose sight that we may have the same screen set up but your in ny and im in cali you know what i mean?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by GaMax97GLE
Just a sec...

There is a difference between "I'm lazy, tell me how do do _____" and "what have others done so I can get an idea of what route I want to take." I think you jumped down this guys throat at the wrong time.

Especially with a high dollar items like putting TVs in your car. If it were "which light bulb?" maybe your point would be a little more valid. People should go spend the $5 on diffent bulbs and find out. So, I do agree with you that certain things people should attack themselves because I like to take my car apart and see how things work and how I can improve upon or make something work with existing hardware (my iPod install for example).

I also agree about "which wheels" (which I was guilty of once, only in the SE forum with my buddies) and other cosmetic things that are purely preference decisions. Mostly people here could care less about wheel weight and just want people to tell them what to get.
i didnt jump down anyones throat.
look what i said..... "nothing against you in perticular but...."
Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Battle Max V2.0
there is only really two or three ways you can mount an indash screen
have many people have theirs installed like the pic below? not very many..that is a custom install and it looks sweet.
if i had done all the work to be orignal i would like to be the only person with it.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:34 PM

F O R U M
Old 09-24-2004, 12:36 PM

i didnt jump down anyones throat.
look what i said..... "nothing against you in perticular but...."
OMG...That's like if a co-worker walks into your office with a green shirt on and you say, "Nothing against you in perticular but I hate when people wear green shirts."

It was the wrong time to make your "point."

(Obviously I have no excitement in my life and have to resort to bickering on the internet.)

bobby.cim - sorry I whored your thread with no helpful information!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:40 PM
mjg

Ahh, i see soonerfan decided to flex his hormone imbalance once again.

Don't worry, he's just a complete a total jerk. We aren't all like that here.

P.S: It's one thing to have an opinion man, that's fine. Then it's another thing to be insulting. Why don't you just keep it to yourself ? No one needs your negativity, get a life.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:42 PM

- OMG...That's like if a co-worker walks into your office with a green shirt on and you say, "Nothing against you in perticular but I hate when people wear green shirts."It was the wrong time to make your "point."(Obviously I have no excitement in my life and have to resort to bickering on the internet
23456789...(I finally know what it means when people do that, but now after writing all that, I didn't have to)
Old 09-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by mjg
Ahh, i see soonerfan decided to flex his hormone imbalance once again.

Don't worry, he's just a complete a total jerk. We aren't all like that here.

P.S: It's one thing to have an opinion man, that's fine. Then it's another thing to be insulting. Why don't you just keep it to yourself ? No one needs your negativity, get a life.

who did i insult? you must not be on the forum very often. there are people on here that are ALOT more insulting then you think i am. and why dont you ask people how many of them i have helped
so i guess its cool to think im a jerk but still take advice that i give. thats cool. its the internet and you have the right to your opinion. just like i do. just remember that i dont make personal attacks on people.
i guess i should get a life now

Old 09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Cletus

OMG...That's like if a co-worker walks into your office with a green shirt on and you say, "Nothing against you in perticular but I hate when people wear green shirts."

It was the wrong time to make your "point."

(Obviously I have no excitement in my life and have to resort to bickering on the internet.)

bobby.cim - sorry I whored your thread with no helpful information!
im sorry it was the "wrong" time (whatever that means. when is the right time?)
next time ill check with you to make sure YOU think its the right time
Old 09-24-2004, 12:56 PM

hey, ya know what would make this thread better? if it stayed on topic. cuz i would like to see peoples setups also, whether it is original or not....

Old 09-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Suspension Yoda

i thought this was a thread about tv's? cmon ladies who cares

im not quite done with the bottom part yet
Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
mjg

look man, this is all i mean:

I don't understand why you come off abrasive all the time. If you indeed like helping people out, (just a suggestion) why don't you try to just be a little more patient.

A whole bunch of people that used to always pick on people here are gone(thank god), i never visited this place as much as recently, because i felt this forum got a lot nicer. There's no need to launch an attack on every question, suggestion or opinion. In fact i contradict my own advice by saying this to you, but i have observed this so much.

No hard feelings man, but please dood, lighten up a bit.

ok i'll never post again in this thread, so u free to all talk about tv's (gone). ; )

p.s; not for nothing, but i've never used your advice.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:01 PM

im sorry it was the "wrong" time (whatever that means. when is the right time?)
next time ill check with you to make sure YOU think its the right time
Excellent. Now, will that be by cell or e-mail? You'll get a response sooner from cell...though I'll still need to run it through my "Is It the Right Time?" department.

Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated.

(I'm a )
Old 09-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am pretty sure that implying that someone is not ingenious enough to figure something out on their own would be considered an insult to almost anyone. And just because you begin a sentence with "nothing against you in perticular" doesn't mean that the rest of your statement is going to fall on deaf ears.

And hell, Bill Gates used someone else's idea quite a few years ago, and look where that got him....the richest man on the planet.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Cletus

Excellent. Now, will that be by cell or e-mail? You'll get a response sooner from cell...though I'll still need to run it through my "Is It the Right Time?" department.

Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated.

(I'm a )
ill just PM you anything i wanna submit. you can then post it if you approve it
Old 09-24-2004, 01:26 PM

Sooooo, how about that E-Bola virus huh......that's gotta suck
Old 09-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by xXx TeCaO xXx
Sooooo, how about that E-Bola virus huh......that's gotta suck
I know man, who ever gets that is gonna be in trouble.

Now back to the original question...wait I forgot it.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:22 PM
retired moderator

Just a suggestion, you might also want to browse the maxima section in cardomain...there are a TON of 5th gens on there with custom A/V setups, many of which are not guys who are on the .org....yeah it'll take a while, but I've seen quite a few crazy-a s s A/V systems in cardomain that I've never seen posted here....
Old 09-24-2004, 04:52 PM

here is my custom install, it did it al my self, it is not perfect, but it is good enough for me. took me 5 days to complete.... i am proud for a first time. here is one pic, THE REST ARE ON MY WEBSITE! i have "in the making" pictures, and shots of my ps2, and misc shots of install.

-Chris
Old 09-25-2004, 01:20 PM

Screen in Dash

I got a screen in dash with an Alpine head unit underneath it and my AC controls up on top in the little sunglass holder. I will post pics soon as i get a chance but it looks sweeeet. Screen wit face underneath and my AC controls are above your head. Thanks for hearing me out, im new to this forum and i will be asking questions for mods on my engine like intake and so on. Any replies would be respected. Thanks!

-MiKe-
2003 Titanium Edition Maxima 6spd
No enigne mods yet but sick sytem, floor mats, bulbs clear corners tints etc.....
Old 09-25-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TitanMax03
I got a screen in dash with an Alpine head unit underneath it and my AC controls up on top in the little sunglass holder. I will post pics soon as i get a chance but it looks sweeeet. Screen wit face underneath and my AC controls are above your head. Thanks for hearing me out, im new to this forum and i will be asking questions for mods on my engine like intake and so on. Any replies would be respected. Thanks!
i'm really interested in seeing these pics. sounds interesting.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:14 PM

have many people have theirs installed like the pic below? not very many..that is a custom install and it looks sweet.
if i had done all the work to be orignal i would like to be the only person with it.

clean, but at the same time looks like it doesn't belong there

i mean the trim for the screen is still showing. if it were to fit nicely, like it was supposed to be there from the factory, that would not be in plain sight.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:14 PM

hell yeah, im really interested in seeing this and hearing more about it too....also VERY interested in hearing about the relocation price

the talk was about being original, this is it
Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Suspension Yoda

the flash shows the difference in textures between OE trim and screen trim, but in person everyone has commented on how factory it does indeed look.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
the flash shows the difference in textures between OE trim and screen trim, but in person everyone has commented on how factory it does indeed look.
even though it really looks aftermarket and definitely not like something from the factory?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dohcser
I will try to post pics of my Navi unit soon.
As promised I have a pic up of my Navi unit please see link below.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../341461_20.jpg

Quick Reply: 5th gen clean look T.V. in center console?