Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Can Someone Tell Me What To Do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 11:02 PM

All right, i am hooking up an amp to my factory deck, i got the line converter and that is all hooked up, I need to know How do i get the remote anteena wire from my deck to my amp, cause my amp will not run unless i have it hooked to it.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO???????
Old 04-20-2001, 12:25 PM

my guess if i was in your situation would be to look at the wiring harness and connect that blue remote wire to a blue or blue and white wire thats on the cars wiring harness ...im no pro thats just my minds theory
Old 04-20-2001, 03:35 PM

Hey DESI,
with your factory deck you can't run the remote wire from the back of the deck to your amp. what you have to do is run that remote wire from the radio fuse to your amp. that way, when ur radio turns on, your amp turns on with it. doing it any other way will most likely cause ur amp to stay on even with your car on. im not sure what u exactly drive...i have a 4th generation max and i popped of the fuse cover and the cover actually showed me which fuse was for the radio...i just wrapped the remote wire around that pronged fuse. of course, if you have an aftermarket deck, which i now do, u'd just run it from the back of the aftermarket deck to the amp. let me know if u need any more help. im not a pro, but just been a similar situation...so try that out and see if it works.

peace
sachin
Old 04-20-2001, 03:36 PM

Hey DESI,
sorry i was a bit ignorant...i just noticed u have a 4th generation also. the 97 should be the same as my 98...use the fuses that are to the lower left of the steering wheel, not the fuses located under the hood. u should see the radio fuse somewhere there.

sachin
Old 04-20-2001, 04:34 PM

thanks

Thnaks alot Sachin, i will try it tonight,
if i have any problems i will let you know.

DeSI Racing
Old 04-20-2001, 05:03 PM

hey desi,
let me know how it works out either way. i'd like to know.

thanks
sachin
Old 04-20-2001, 10:17 PM

It works

Sachin,

It worked, so thanks for your help.

DeSI Racing