Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Jl W6

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 10:47 PM

hey everyone one of my w6 sub has been ripped. i need to know where to send the subwoofer to jl cuz its under a warranty. if anyone has sent in a subwoofer to JL can u please provide me the address and whether they gave u back a new woofer
Old 05-03-2001, 02:06 AM
STFU n00b!

www.jlaudio.com will have all the information you need.

WHERE and HOW did they rip is the question? if all three are dead, they'll most likely say it was your fault. I have a very hard time believing all three subs blew through no fault of the owner/installer.
I have beat the crap out of my W6 subs for almost 6 years- including punching holes in the surrounds with a screwdriver.. I glued it back together, and they've worked flawlessly ever since.
that was even dumping a 2000W amp on them for a while too.

I've never seen a JL have to be repaired under warranty.

All that being said, they will usually stand behind their products and fix/replace them, unless they deem it was your fault. In that case, it's $125/speaker to have a new cone put on, and they won't do anything less than that, even if it's only a small tear in the surround- they re-cone the whole thing.