Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Factory Radio Harness Is Cut Up!! HELP !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Factory Radio Harness Is Cut Up!! HELP !!!!!!

The wires for my radio in my 95 are completely hacked up (no factory harness plug for the radio). Nothing a little soldering or crimp connections cant fix but I just ordered a JVC DVD player and I wanted to know should I just use an aftermarket radio harness and hardwire it in or do I need to wire a factory harness to the cut wires and then plug the aftermarket harness to the factory harness plug and then wire the JVC harness to the aftermarket harness? I know it sounds confusing but I honestly dont know in which direction should I go with this plus I dont want to pay something a nice amount of money for something I can probably do myself.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by KRMaxima21
I know it sounds confusing
Yes, it does - namely because you have never f-cking heard of the word 'PUNCTUATION'.

Originally Posted by KRMaxima21
but I honestly dont know in which direction should I go with this plus I dont want to pay something a nice amount of money for something I can probably do myself.
If you can do it yourself, then why don't you? I would trace the original harness to the perceeding harness, remove the whole mess, and solderit back together. Another suggestion would be just to cut the lines, strip some new ends and rejoin the two open ends with a short splice of 20GA. Just twist the wires together and tape them...the connection won't be as solid as a solder job would be, however it will work equally as well.