Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Would this work??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM

Hey I was talking to this guy at the local shop over here cause I was going to buy my 3 type x subs. He told me that putting the type x subs in the rear deck would not work, cause the type x sub pushes out to much air. Now im not getting the work done at his shop but did not want to buy the subs til I spoke to the guys here 1st. Is he right or was he trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

b/c they push too much air. That's the whole point of adding subs. He may have said that b/c he doesn't know how to do it or doesn't want to do it. I have no experience with the Type-X subs, however, I don't think they would have more output than those D9's. I just read one of my other posts and realized a mistake. I said it would cost about $600 for this job. That was based upon a single sub. You would almost triple that with three subs. Sorry if I misled. Back to the topic. Have you called Don yet? Are you set on dealing with this other shop that gives you the run around? You have way to many options where you live to not try and find someone who can do what you want.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by filtor1
b/c they push too much air. That's the whole point of adding subs. He may have said that b/c he doesn't know how to do it or doesn't want to do it. I have no experience with the Type-X subs, however, I don't think they would have more output than those D9's. I just read one of my other posts and realized a mistake. I said it would cost about $600 for this job. That was based upon a single sub. You would almost triple that with three subs. Sorry if I misled. Back to the topic. Have you called Don yet? Are you set on dealing with this other shop that gives you the run around? You have way to many options where you live to not try and find someone who can do what you want.
I was going to buy the stuff from the guy cause I saw a post saying Don dont deal with alpine no more. Now that this guy wrote me off Im just going to do the Diamond Audio set up with the alpine hu. Would three 12" subs in the rear deck break my back glass? Oh dont worry about that mistake
Old 07-21-2005, 11:00 AM

I seriously doubt it would break the glass. Remember that you will either get a funny ohm load and/or have to buy three amps for three 12's. Especially with the D9's, you will only need 2. Trust me. You can also get away with 1, 1500.1 and you WILL be impressed. As far as the Alpine HU, I have a 9833. It works just fine. I do suggest you take a look at the Eclipse HU's. They are much easier to adjust(better interface) and have higher voltage preouts which= better sound.Also, Eclipse warranty > Alpine's as well as Diamonds warranty > Alpine on amps or subs. Keep researching the companies, you will find what I have stated.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sexyass Maxima
I was going to buy the stuff from the guy cause I saw a post saying Don dont deal with alpine no more. Now that this guy wrote me off Im just going to do the Diamond Audio set up with the alpine hu. Would three 12" subs in the rear deck break my back glass? Oh dont worry about that mistake
It would take alot more than that to break glass. I believe its around 170DB-175 to even crack glass. If the glass is already is cracked replace it before you begin the installation or soon afterwards.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:04 AM

Dont the alpine iva-d310 have better add on than the Eclipse HU? Alpine hu >> http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15079.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:11 AM

What do you mean by add on? I have always found Eclipse HU's much easier to navigate, especially the AVI series. The Eclipse HU's also feature 4V preouts as compared to the Alpines 2V. The desicion is totally up to you of coarse. I just wanted to show you the other side. Yes the Eclpise HU's will cost a bit more, IMHO they are worth every dime. I am not trying to say that other brands like Alpine or say Pioneer don't make good equipment either. Just that there are alternatives that will perform better and have better interface.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:12 AM
MaximaFreak

Eclipse = 5V preout ... EVEN BETTER!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by filtor1
What do you mean by add on? I have always found Eclipse HU's much easier to navigate, especially the AVI series. The Eclipse HU's also feature 4V preouts as compared to the Alpines 2V. The desicion is totally up to you of coarse. I just wanted to show you the other side. Yes the Eclpise HU's will cost a bit more, IMHO they are worth every dime. I am not trying to say that other brands like Alpine or say Pioneer don't make good equipment either. Just that there are alternatives that will perform better and have better interface.
Sorry i was talking about the features. I have to add a nav, my monitors, ps2, xbox, backup cam, and 2 more Audio/video input. Can you put a link up to a eclipise hu that can do all of that.
Alpine Hu