Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Which way to go for a DVD player?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM

Which way to go for a DVD player?

Hello guys!
It's been a while since I last put a post on here. The last time I was on here was when I had my 05 converted to HID from the factory 9012's. Anyway that project is over and now I am looking for a cool DVD player for my car. I don't have the Nav system. What would I get and where would it go since the radio etc is where the NAv system should have gone? Thanks...
Old 07-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

have u checked out carcus' page for ideas http://myweb.cableone.net/carcster88/Stereo.html
Old 07-14-2005, 10:20 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by mmotown
Hello guys!
It's been a while since I last put a post on here. The last time I was on here was when I had my 05 converted to HID from the factory 9012's. Anyway that project is over and now I am looking for a cool DVD player for my car. I don't have the Nav system. What would I get and where would it go since the radio etc is where the NAv system should have gone? Thanks...

You can run a single DIN HU with a pop out screen like I have...that is of course if you are willing to give up the stock radio (I haven't missed it one bit)

For a DVD HU I would not recommend Clarion (what I have) The new Pioneer AVIC-N2 is really nice (had navi integrated as well)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7YfC2gr...50&I=130AVICN2

There's definitely cheaper routes to go as well, just shop around...
Good luck!!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jsmithsole, How do you get around the bose? i was trying to get the AVIC-N2 as well but they installers said they couldnt because of the bose system. Something about static would be generated in the speakers and possible blowing of the speakers because the factory amp cant handle the new head unit.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
You can run a single DIN HU with a pop out screen like I have...that is of course if you are willing to give up the stock radio (I haven't missed it one bit)

For a DVD HU I would not recommend Clarion (what I have) The new Pioneer AVIC-N2 is really nice (had navi integrated as well)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7YfC2gr...50&I=130AVICN2

There's definitely cheaper routes to go as well, just shop around...
Good luck!!
Is that better than the alpine iva-d310
Old 07-18-2005, 10:10 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Originally Posted by belal242
Jsmithsole, How do you get around the bose? i was trying to get the AVIC-N2 as well but they installers said they couldnt because of the bose system. Something about static would be generated in the speakers and possible blowing of the speakers because the factory amp cant handle the new head unit.
It seems like some installers will say anything to get out of doing a little work. I don't see how it would be that different from using any other aftermarket headunit. My reply to the installer/s would be so what you are telling me is that there are no 05 maxs with aftermarket headunits.... As long as you get the units that control the factory amps you should be fine. Worst case scenario (if what they say is true) is put a small resistor on the positve speaker leads.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by belal242

I'm no installer but that sounds like a bunch of bull to me. Like Maxgtr2000 said, lazy installers. I'm no installer but I have had no problems what so ever. I do know that I'm not using the factory amp anyways, the speakers are running off my HU...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:27 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Sexyass Maxima
Is that better than the alpine iva-d310

My HU is a few years old and has recently been replaced by the 755, that Alpine looks nice and it seems to have the same features as mine plus more.
I'd say go Alpine, I wouldn't mind that HU in my car.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

alpine IVA-D310 or .....

i want to get a dvd HU for my 02 max, im interested in alpine iva-d310, steep price, but its sweet,
any opinions or ideas about it, or any other suggestions as an alternative, but as good,
plz let me know,
thank