Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 PM

need help!!

I was lucky to have picked up some older art ppi amps for pretty cheap-$45 for Both an A404 and an A200. The guy I bought them off said they were in AS IS condition. (for $45.00 for both amps, I bought them anyway).
They don't work. I believe that I can fix them..
I opened them both up and inside the A404, right off the bat I noticed a burnt resistor,(100 ohms).
I also noticed a few 'missing' VR's. I emphasize 'missing', because I am not sure if this was the design and these were intentionally left out, or if they burned out and the previous owner just never replaced them..
Anyways, I need anybody who can dig around their contacts, or contacts through contacts, and try to find me these components: (just tell me the numbers and the makes)
A404
Missing(?)
Voltage Regulators:
M1
M2
Diodes:
CR1
CR2
CR3
CR28
CR29
Resistors other than the 100 ohm mentioned above: (they are missing, so I cannot determine their resistance)
R19
MR7

A200 (had a dried-up and webbed fly inside, a treat for a spider that once lived inside this amp I guess)lol
these are more Voltage Regulators, but burned out I think because the inside white paint is burned around them, and the solder job on the board is crappy where these are connected:
Q50
Q52.
I already searced for the schematics online with no luck, so I am hoping this can help me.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I know some people who read this are thinking what a freak I am, but I don't care..

This is not a joke, This is for real
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM

radioshack homie
Old 09-08-2005, 09:47 PM

ya, i used to work for radioshaft lol...thanks though 2Damax..
but the numbers posted above aren't component #s, they're the board component(schematic) id #s, so radioshack in theory could have them avail, but i wouldnt know..
i dug around and found a place that will repair them for $65 ea. Score.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:25 PM

did you try calling the company? i know it would be hard but its worht a try...or if you have time you could do trial by error lol, that would take forever
Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 PM

well, all i have done is tested the resistors, some are toast in the preamp sections. its missing some mosfets also and a trace has lifted off the board when someone performed 'prior surgery' and took another resistor out.. i dunno, but do you think any mosfet can work?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:36 PM

the company is now owned by directed i guess, i called and was on hold forever, so screw that.