Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

newbie here..help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 07:35 PM

newbie here..help please

i just want a little bit more bass, but not a huge booming sound. how hard is it to install a bazooka tube? what is needed for the install? do you have to take the whole dash apart to put in and hide the wires? is there any wiring that has to be ran to the battery or through the firewall? do i need an external amp? i have kenwood kdc-128 HU. sorry for all the stupid questions, but i don't know anything about audio. forgot to mention i have a 91 SE
Old 09-26-2005 | 08:24 PM

Hey man... we haven't forgotten about you... it's just really late and I'm having a hard time seeing the screen straight. I'll get to your questions tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:09 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

The Infinity Basslink will more than suit your needs so long as you are not looking for "crazy bass". It's a peice of cake to install. You will need an 8 AWG install kit and a set of RCAs to wire the basslink to the hu. Yes, some of the dash will need to be taken apart, and yes you will need to run wire through the firewall...as well as throughout the interior and to the trunk for the power and RCA cables.

Basslink goes in trunk
Power Basslink from battery
Connect RCA to Basslink
Enjoy bass

Here's a good write-up in a 5th gen

http://maxima.cardomain.com/ride/143972/9
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:31 PM

im sorry this doesnt pertain to the the thred..but i think you (metal maxima) will finally look at this post....HEY MAN WHERE IS THE UPDATE ON YOUR CAR MAN?...IVE BEEN KEEPING UP EVERY DAY WITH EVERYTHING...NA DYOU JUST STOPPED FOR THE PAST WEEK? whats up man..lemme know..im probably more interested than anyone else on the org...i really find what you are doign interesting...giving me some good ideas for what im gonan do to my next car. LEMME know (thx)
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:57 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

LOL. Fair enough, I guess I had this coming...well, there are a number of reasons as listed below:

(1) I got stuck on the nightshift and will be stuck on it for the next week. Additionally, I am now working +50 hour weeks since all hell broke loose at work.

(2) The clearcoat on the door was effed, so I gotta go back and repaint the whole thing before I proceed with that...attaching the doors needs to be done all at once in order to minimize the amount of epoxy I will be using. I am making this my priority for the time being.

(3) The clearcoat was also effed on the glovebox, so I can't wire anything until the clear is reapplied...this is second on the list.

(4) With the above needing finishing, I can't work on my roofliner, which is being held up by the above items

(5) I need to still apply a layer of carpet padding to the trunk, recut the template, and put everything back in.

(6) I am still waiting on a very fancy switch for my LEDs

Believe me, man...I really want to get this mother effing project done. I am so tired of driving around with everything apart. Today I will work on the door and glovebox. I don't know what I will be working on tommorow, and all day Friday and Saturday I am going to focus on getting my mother fing audio system installed. I know everything was real fast in the begging, but free time comes only as a luxury to me right now.
Old 09-26-2005 | 11:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

+1 on the basslink. Small package. good price. Ease of install.
Old 09-26-2005 | 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
LOL. Fair enough, I guess I had this coming...well, there are a number of reasons as listed below:

(1) I got stuck on the nightshift and will be stuck on it for the next week. Additionally, I am now working +50 hour weeks since all hell broke loose at work.

(2) The clearcoat on the door was effed, so I gotta go back and repaint the whole thing before I proceed with that...attaching the doors needs to be done all at once in order to minimize the amount of epoxy I will be using. I am making this my priority for the time being.

(3) The clearcoat was also effed on the glovebox, so I can't wire anything until the clear is reapplied...this is second on the list.

(4) With the above needing finishing, I can't work on my roofliner, which is being held up by the above items

(5) I need to still apply a layer of carpet padding to the trunk, recut the template, and put everything back in.

(6) I am still waiting on a very fancy switch for my LEDs

Believe me, man...I really want to get this mother effing project done. I am so tired of driving around with everything apart. Today I will work on the door and glovebox. I don't know what I will be working on tommorow, and all day Friday and Saturday I am going to focus on getting my mother fing audio system installed. I know everything was real fast in the begging, but free time comes only as a luxury to me right now.

seems like you got alot to handle on your plate...dude fo sho send me a pm saying that you posted pics and stuff...not like i wont know..but do it anyway...just so that i definitley do know..and lemem know if its in the 5th gen forums, or the audio/video....dude you swaying the roof liner by the way? and what kinda carpet you putting in there?..stock carpet with the padding underneath?...thx for the update finally.
Old 09-27-2005 | 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
The Infinity Basslink will more than suit your needs so long as you are not looking for "crazy bass". It's a peice of cake to install. You will need an 8 AWG install kit and a set of RCAs to wire the basslink to the hu. Yes, some of the dash will need to be taken apart, and yes you will need to run wire through the firewall...as well as throughout the interior and to the trunk for the power and RCA cables.

Basslink goes in trunk
Power Basslink from battery
Connect RCA to Basslink
Enjoy bass

Here's a good write-up in a 5th gen

http://maxima.cardomain.com/ride/143972/9
i have a 91 here not a 03, sorry.