Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

The system to go in this week

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 06:02 AM

Well, this for all that I have talked with about my upcoming system in the new Max (Prinz, Canuck and a few others). Thanks for all your help and opinions. I just received my Eclipse CD8051 in the mail on Friday and I'm heading to my local shop to talk to my friend about my options. If everything goes according to plan, the car will go in the shop Thursday afternoon and I'll get it back after work. Thursday is my B-day so can we say a little B-day gift for myself!! Here's the run down if anyone doesn't know or hasn't visited my website.

Head Unit:
Eclipse CD8051

Front Stage Speaker:
JL Audio XR650CS

Front Stage Amp:
Kicker ZR360 (bridged)

Rear Stage Speakers:
JL Audio XR650CX

Rear Stage Amp:
Kicker ZR360 (bridged)

Subwoofers:
JL Audio 10W3 (either 2 or 3 I haven't decided)

Subwoofer Amp:
Kicker DX700

Sorry for the length here guys, but I'm pretty excited about this so I just wanted to let you all know. The install will be pretty basic, but I plan on doing some modifications in the future. I'll get some pics taken and post them on my webpage as soon as I can. Again everyone thanks for your help!!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:16 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by Dustyroads
Well, this for all that I have talked with about my upcoming system in the new Max (Prinz, Canuck and a few others). Thanks for all your help and opinions. I just received my Eclipse CD8051 in the mail on Friday and I'm heading to my local shop to talk to my friend about my options. If everything goes according to plan, the car will go in the shop Thursday afternoon and I'll get it back after work. Thursday is my B-day so can we say a little B-day gift for myself!! Here's the run down if anyone doesn't know or hasn't visited my website.

Head Unit:
Eclipse CD8051

Front Stage Speaker:
JL Audio XR650CS

Front Stage Amp:
Kicker ZR360 (bridged)

Rear Stage Speakers:
JL Audio XR650CX

Rear Stage Amp:
Kicker ZR360 (bridged)

Subwoofers:
JL Audio 10W3 (either 2 or 3 I haven't decided)

Subwoofer Amp:
Kicker DX700

Sorry for the length here guys, but I'm pretty excited about this so I just wanted to let you all know. The install will be pretty basic, but I plan on doing some modifications in the future. I'll get some pics taken and post them on my webpage as soon as I can. Again everyone thanks for your help!!
Hey Bud!

Congrats on getting the system installed. I can't wait to hear it. I am still in the tweaking stages with mine. I am supposed to be going to hear the JL Audio Amp this week.
Old 06-09-2001, 05:17 PM

Good quality equipment there. Get it completed and have fun.... and start saving for the next upgrade