Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Is it possible to attach a computer to the BOSE/Clariod HU??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 06:09 PM

I'm thinking of installing a computer/lcd screen to my Maxima to play MP3s. How my question is how do I run the sound from the computer to the BOSE/Clarion headunit?? <I have the BOSE system without cd-changer>

Does the HU accept line-level inputs? If so, I can run a cable from the soundcard of the computer to the line-level input.

OR

Can I run the cable from the soundcard to the CD-CHANGER input from the HU? Since I don't have a CD-CHANGER, I'd could use that input for the computer?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
I'm thinking of installing a computer/lcd screen to my Maxima to play MP3s. How my question is how do I run the sound from the computer to the BOSE/Clarion headunit?? <I have the BOSE system without cd-changer>

Does the HU accept line-level inputs? If so, I can run a cable from the soundcard of the computer to the line-level input.
OR
Can I run the cable from the soundcard to the CD-CHANGER input from the HU? Since I don't have a CD-CHANGER, I'd could use that input for the computer?
Thanks.
Aside from the CD changer input, I don't think the HU has any line level inputs. Your second option sounds like a good idea, however, I'm not sure if there's more logic circuitry involved in switching to changer input on the HU.
Old 06-09-2001, 04:50 PM

I believe the CD changer input would require some sort of logic circuit along with the signal, to fool the deck into thinking that the audio signal is from a CD changer.....